• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN

I came on a bit later looks like my first one was the MMM 2013 that was a P51B/C I am quite sure I have another one of those somewhere

Well I went way back and found I'd finished 3 aircraft and 6 armor; posting them five days after I joined and posted my introduction.

While I would love to do the same kit(s) as I did when I first started, it would be a bit tough for me. In aircraft, one model wasn't even described (except as a started Matchbox model) and the pic link (probably from Photobucket or the LEM) is long broken so I don't even know what that model is. The other two are either a one-off model (YF-12A) or an extremely rare model (Aurora Cherokee Arrow) that I cannot get anymore.

In my first armor on these Forums, I built six versions of the Bradley and a British Warrior. None of those have a variant I haven't built yet so this would also make it difficult for me to choose one of them to re-do since I also don't want any exact duplicates. Variants would work, but I built all the possible variants already so far.

If this goes ahead, I might try one of the most challenging models that I'd been putting off: The Tu-160 Blackjack in 1/72 scale. Aside from the sheer size of this beastie; the most challenging part of building this will be to engineer this kit so the wings swing and the wing fences lift and drop with the movement of the wings.

I'll be following this to see what is the final decision.

I was planning on doing the Jap type 97, but I tore apart the old kit for a GB going on here. I am heavily committed in GB's here at the moment, so I want to do this, but I need to make sure that I have room for it, then and only then will I decide the subject, as I have kits in the stash that i really want to get to, I just haven't yet.

I Think this is a great campaign idea. I'll not be participating since I have only been post here for less than 6 months. It will be fun to watch!
:v

Na, I think you can build anything you want. Time to make history. :dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUsNLd9jgio

....If this campaign happens I just ordered my history making project... :v

I am up to it, but I would like you to modify the rules. What I am thinking is a 10 for 10 anniversary build. 10 year anniversary with a limit of ten years to finish. This way some of us that are going full aftermarket resin, PE refinance the mortgage have a chance.

I am up to it, but I would like you to modify the rules. What I am thinking is a 10 for 10 anniversary build. 10 year anniversary with a limit of ten years to finish. This way some of us that are going full aftermarket resin, PE refinance the mortgage have a chance.

:rotf

It'll be in time for the 20 year build. :dude

I just checked my profile, seems I started in Nov. of 09 as well, but I have no pix except for my 1/72 Kubelwagon I got 2nd place at Buffcon years ago. I think I have another one of them in my stash, but I'm unsure of my eyesite to do a small scale vehicle yet. Anyway, its hard to believe it's already been 10 years.

Dave

Well, you can always try. I would love to see your work again; it's been quite some time. I'm glad you're still peeking in now and then Dave, you are missed at times.

10 year anniversary is a big deal. I've been kinda looking for a proper "excuse" to build the B-25 I won from the CTA 3 raffle. I've been saving it for a proper build here as I feel that would only be right...so this might be the time. I also love Dewertus' idea about the "10" markings...so maybe I'll see if I can find some suitable markings w/ a "10" for it. :hmmm

I'm just a little terrified that I won't be able to do it justice. :frantic

[quote="helios" post=333360I've been kinda looking for a proper "excuse" to build the B-25 I won from the CTA 3 raffle.
I'm just a little terrified that I won't be able to do it justice. :frantic[/quote]

Building the excellent Airfix B-25C right now...

h14719d9_2019-06-03.jpg

Not that I'm trying to influence you or anything... :evil:

Ian.

10 years ago today I fired up the software that runs this website. Nov is just around the corner. (y)

So have we ironed out how this is going to work? I'd like to choose something for this and start it soon. I'm woefully behind on ribbons for my posts.

Start will be Nov 16 based on when we opened registration for all users. Chad Lobo was second person who signed up, we lost The Zod 2 years ago.

Build what you want but make it the best you've ever done. Pull out all stops and hone your skills to razor edge. I want show stopper completions. :mpup

Start will be Nov 16 based on when we opened registration for all users. Chad Lobo was second person who signed up, we lost The Zod 2 years ago.

Build what you want but make it the best you've ever done. Pull out all stops and hone your skills to razor edge. I want show stopper completions. :mpup

I remember the Zod. Met him in person in Fredricksburg VA. As to playing, I dunno, too many things on my plate!

Back