• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN

My first subject on this forum was Revell's 1/32 Ju 88 which is still on the shelf of doom. :blush:
Not likely I'll attempt a second one that size. :gogo

LOL! That was the first kit I posted on here as well. Not a bad kit just that I kept adding to and modding it. Finally got tired of working on it so it ended up packed away as well. What I should do is dig it out and finish it.

As far as size goes, it is one of the smaller 1/32nd scale kits I have.

Near as I have been able to determine the 1/48 Trumpy Wellington was the first build I published here, not going to do another one of those thank you !

No reason we can't do a 10 year. If someone wants to have a go at the first thing they posted here that's cool. If not, build something.

I really have been thinking about the Piper round 2.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN "SUGGESTION WITHDRAWN

I think the issue here Terry is that no one wants an exact duplicate of a kit they already have. Especially if it is a larger project. Maybe if we could change the markings, variants or scale?

What if we submit the name of the model kit that we built when we first joined and then drew names and somebody else has to build that kit? Or... what if we submit a list of the kits we built during 2009 and the person who draws our name can pick from that list. That way if the one model is no longer easily obtained they have some options.

That is provided people can remember what they built. I can't remember what I had for breakfast usually.

Food for thought.

I liked it. I don't think I ever finished the first kit I posted here! It would have been a dandy contrast of how our skills have advanced over 10 years! Or Not! rotf :rotf

Didn't mean to be a wet blanket, I liked the Wellington but I want to save the remaining display space I have for other big kits, not a duplicate of that behemoth. I do have a couple large kits I have been saving for the anniversary or major upgrade build or whatever was suggested a year or two ago.

I would seriously consider a campaign where it would be a requirement to finish my prior unfinished build.

I like this idea, but to allow the most number of people to participate, I think it is okay to do whatever you want as long as it is the same vehicle. I did a 1/24 Pz IIF, this time I would do either a 1/35 or 1/48 Pz IIF. I would probably do another from LSSAH at Kharkov because winter camo is fun for me, but I would mark it as a different tank from 559. But I think it would be okay to do one in Russia or Afrika too...

Just thinking out loud - don't throw sand, this isn't kindergarten. :pp

I'm working with a guy to update our software so we might be rolling in the MA Decade with new software driving the site and a new gallery.

Either way, there will be a 10 year build. If you want to show off what you have learned since you started building, that's cool, if you want to make history, do so. Just build.

Arrange the build anyway you guys want.

:)

I understand the Concept and it would certainly show how a person has progressed or in my case degressed but I also see where it might not hold much appeal. How about building a model of a kit based on a build you saw here that inspired you? Would that be of more interest?There have been some incredible and inspiring builds on this site, maybe one inspired you to do better and you could pay homage by trying to do it?
James

I like it all guys. It's the 10 year build. Shouldn't be something you just throw together. As I said earlier, I'm going to do another Piper, maybe not Rosie but a Piper Cub. Maybe a special ribbon for those who rebuild their first build here showing off how they have grown, another for just building for it.

Maybe something with "10" in markings or name like: Martin B-10, PWS 10, Dornier Do.X or:

29_12_b2.jpg

83_1.jpg

1_24.jpg

78_36.jpg

This is just a proposal for the "10" anniversary. Rather, it will be difficult to remember the first post and make the same model. Unless you can do it on a different scale and maybe another painting

LOL, so something with 10 engines would work then :woohoo: Too bad I sold my B-36 kit years ago...then again maybe not !

The two kits I would consider for this build would be the 1/72 Bv 222 and the 1/48 He 177. Both have about 25" wing spans. The 222 would probably be too easy as it would be pretty much OOB, the only difficult issue being handling and paint, it would take a bunch. The 177 is a more difficult MPM kit with some known fit issues. The kit has a few resin parts with it and I have a resin part to correct the shape of the bomb bay on the fuselage. I also have a bunch of PE to add to it and the paint schemes will be a challenge for me so it would probably be my choice if the campaign runs a full year. Although I have seen a number of the 177 kits started I have only seen a very few that were completed.

Back