• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2021 South Carolina Scale Model Mega Show

I was thinking of taking my DH88 Comet, I mean UK to Australia surely would be endurance don't ya think? :rotf
Na if it's just for ground rides that's cool.

Well hell, done smoke this over for too long. Tim replied back pretty quickly, all tables are gone. But you know that's a good thing, sounds like it's going to be a great turn out for vendors!

Yea, I got the word from Timmy yesterday afternoon that the vendor tables were sold-out. No surprise, I have to say. We've sold out all our vendor tables for several years in a row, and every year after that, we've added a few more. This year, though, we've reached our maximum - 70 tables. That's all we can fit into the venue. Adding more vendor tables next year would mean cutting display tables which we do not want to do.

The implication for anyone considering vending at our show in 2022 is contact our Vendor Coordinator as soon as we open up for reservations.

Don't give up hope, though, and keep your powder dry...

We usually get a number of last minute cancelations, and Timmy is very diligent about immediately contacting the folks on the stand-by vendor list. He's honest as the day is long, and he'll go right down his list, absolutely starting with the first person on it. However, he won't wait long for a reply before he moves on to the next name.

Odds are very good that you could get your table in the end, but you'll have to be ready to act quickly if Timmy contacts you.

BTW, we've also filled every cancelation we've had over the last 3-4 years with folks on our stand-by list, so for every year, we've had a full-house on our vendors.

Another quick show update:

We have sold out all 71 of our vendor tables and are now working off of our stand-by list. If you want to vend, all hope is not lost. We usually get some few cancellations and our vendor coordinator does, in fact, go by the stand-by list.

The BIG NEWS is that we have had a MAJOR adjustment on our allowable total venue occupancy! We now think that allowable occupancy will have little to no impact on show operations. In short, although we will still be counting heads and controlling access, there should be no significant hold ups or delays getting into the venue.

Basically, we expect the show to run pretty much as usual!

Happy modeling!

So, yet another update, this time on the new COVID procedures policy:

The hosts of the 2021 SC Scale Model Mega Show highly encourage everyone attending our show to follow the CDC recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated persons.

The CDC recommends that all persons follow these guidelines for indoor gatherings:

Wear a Mask
Practice Social Distancing
Wash their Hands Frequently
Avoid Crowded, Poorly Ventilated Spaces
Get Vaccinated

The decision to follow or not follow these recommendations is your responsibility.

So, not to put too fine a point on it, we WILL NOT BE ASKING anyone what their vaccination status is, NOR WILL WE BE ASKING anyone to wear a mask (basically, "Don't ask; Don't Tell"). We will post up the CDC's recommended guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated people and encouraging everyone to follow those. BUT! The bottom line is that following or not following any particular guidelines is an INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILIY.

We will still be counting heads and working against a self-imposed occupancy limit. So, registered exhibitors, vendors and some others will be issued wristbands and counted permanently against the occupancy limit, and all others will be counted in and out. However, we have been able to raise our occupancy limit to a level that we do not believe will have any practical impact on attendees and participants freely moving in and out of the venue. EVERYONE IN LINE TO REGISTER before the scheduled registration closing time will be allowed to do so whether we have reached the occupancy limit or not. (Again, we do not expect any venue access issues with the new occupancy limit.)

More details can be found on the show website: SC Sale Model Mega Show (scroll down a bit on the homepage).

Finally, we remain sold out on all 71 vendor tables, but we are running a "standby" list for any potential vendors who missed reserving their tables before we sold out.

Mike I want to give a hat tip to you guys. I thought it was a great show, not just because we were able to sell off all our goods but I like the new format. Really love that an exhibitor can hang out at their entry and discuss with visitors. I know judging was rough but we hung in there and I have no doubt it'll go smoother next show.
Now let's talk about this AC situation.... :rotf

Despite the arid conditions, it was a good show. Many old friends were there and met a couple new ones. Thanks again, Mike, you guys worked hard to make this a success.

I don't carry the camera like I used to, but I did shoot a couple entries I liked. First, the smallest.

IMG_1854 (2).JPG

Flat black. :bigrin:

And the largest.
IMG_1855 (2).JPG
IMG_1855 (3).JPG

And the tastiest.
IMG_1858 (2).JPG

Chopped brisket sandwich with pimento cheese with bacon wrapped jalapenos from Midwood Smokehouse.

Couple of things that caught my eye.

USS Hancock
1624189847332.png

Loaded Intruder
1624189923027.png

And got to see Mike Roof's builds up close and personal.

That sandwich looks great, since we were manning our table we couldn't make it to lunch so I grabbed some street tacos from the food truck. Pretty good actually.

Back