• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2021 South Carolina Scale Model Mega Show

I'm glad you guys could all make it down! It was great to see you, and I just wish I had had some time to hangout with you.

Also great that you were able to check the block with your vending. Preliminary reports from the vendors suggest that they all had a good day. It seemed like there were lots and lots of folks attending in the general admission category that were hitting the vendor area early and HARD! I hope you not only sold out your own stuff, but may also found some good stuff and made some of the other vendors happy as well.

We did have some administrative issues with the new show format. Registration could have been smoother and more accurate, and our judging team was slow to get going. The result was that we were about an hour and half off our desired time schedule. Of course, that pushed the awards ceremony much later in the day than we wanted.

The biggest problem for the day, though, was with the venue, a NG armory owned by the state. Unfortunately, the a/c crapped out. Under any other circumstances, this would have been absolutely unacceptable. This was simply out of our control, though. There was nothing that could be done to fix or even improve the situation. It was hotter outside than in, so opening the doors was not an option. By mid-afternoon, it was more than a lot of folks could or would stand for, so the show went from a gang-busters start, to a hot and sweaty fade out.

We anticipated a learning curve with the new show format, and we knew everyone was going to be really rusty with the show and judging admin. After all, it has been two years since we ran our last show in 2019. We certainly weren’t happy with our own, self-inflicted delays. However, they were disappointing to us but not a real shocker.

We do anticipate that for next year, we’ll have implemented the lessons learned with operating the new show format and judging. Registration and judging should go a lot smoother and quicker. Everyone will be a lot fresher with regard to doing their jobs, and… We will almost certainly be changing venues, so THERE WILL NOT be a repeat of “The Great Air Conditioning Fiasco of 2021”! Nope! Not on my watch! Not gonna happen again!

Again, glad you could make it!

Stay tuned for 2022!

South Carolina was too far to drive for me this weekend. I am planning on going to Louisville in September though. Hopefully there will be some of you Northerners there that I have not met yet.

Thanks Mike . My pleasure to be able to attend an even that takes so much work and preparation .
Lots of good people and a mountain of things that we all love .
Cheers, Christian
1624220662943.gif
1624220640169.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back