• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Revell P-40E

Paulw

I traded a couple of kits for this one and an Airfix Hurricane.
This one is going to be an Aleutian tiger and I am trying to get it to look like it has been there for a few missions.
The under coat is the Vallejo metallic Aluminum which I think does a fantastic job and it doesn't look like MM or Tamiya.
IMG_1434.jpg

I then laid some interior green over it and then some dry brushing.
IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

The ip was the best part and I found it easy to highlight with light gray and white inside the bezels with future over then to simulate glass.

IMG_1446.jpg

How did you do your instrument panel Paul ? looks to precise for just dry brushing . Great finish :)

I dry brushed it with a medium stiff point brush. Gray around the bezels and white for the insides then future in the bezels to simulate glass..
Thanks for the comp Paddy.

Things like this
IMG_1453_zpsf6b2a3a1.jpg
tend to make me want to give up Revell kits forever and just toss it away in the bin. Well once I think I have it set to where it is sort of straight then the engine wont fit and the fuselage sides wont close with any thing that's supposed to go in.
So I set it aside and went to better things to come back to it later.

Wow that is a new one on me. Just blame the pilot for overstressing the wing lol. Have you tried getting some water close to boiling, and then dipping the wing in that. You then tape it to a flat surface and let it cool. Works well most of the time.

Back