• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YAK-3 From Russia with...

This is going to be real sweet

Sorry for not keeping up with the post as well as I should guys . Thanks everyone.

Here's hoping Paul :drinks . The cockpit has been aggravating even though it's much bigger than I'm used to.

Got a lot of the bits together this afternoon . Need a flat coat though...Soon.

Yak_cockpit_pe_002a.jpg

Here's more Eduard weirdness No plan at all for the 4 open holes.

Yak_cockpit_pe_001a.jpg

Guess I'll have to conjure up something :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Have you got any of those Aeroscale gauges? I've used them just to fill spots before.

No. I do have some Mike grant decals in 1/72 and they seem to fit this scale better than what they are designed for :facepalm ....Drying now.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Mike and Paddy . Pretty much fu except Eduard Tom foolery . :S

Really nice looking seat back.

Trying to install the shoulder belts when I realised they were way too wide for the provided hole.

yak_seat_001a.jpg

Enlarged the hole and absentmindedly reach for the super glue :pinch: Not thinking about the fact that I had Mr Mike's glue in my hand, I tried to touch the PE with the dispenser tip .

There need to be a warning on the bottles, that stuff comes out with the intensity of a fire hose and better than warp speed :sick:

Trying to undo the mess at this point. :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Acetone works great to debond it. I talked to the Dr. the other day about that issue.

Yup , I knew that but have not had any debonder in years . Could never get stuff sold in hobby shops to work.

Watched Mr Mike work wonders with the Acetone though :good:

Actually made out OK . Quick action with some paper towel removed most of it plus the Acrylic paint shielded most of it from binding to the plastic.

More scrubbing and some scrapping and I feel fortunate and count it salvaged .

Yak_seat_fix_001a.jpg

A bit of junk remained and kept it from being as pristine as the first try.

Overall I like it . Matter of fact, I like the paint better this time around but I can't get the camera to capture the subtleties of the shades and shadows.

Lesson learned ( besides the glue ) . Spray a Testor Dullcoat in before the dry brush Vallejo layer and it works much better .
Also repainted the prepainted seatbelts and feel happier with it as well :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back