• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WnW Albatross D.V.a

I have had a good chance to get on with this today as the Olympic cycle race goes past my door so all the local roads are shut for 3 days so i cant get out ! Yesterday waa really nice summers day for the mens race, 24c and fluffy clouds. Today is the Women's race and its tipping it down (rain) ;)
I live at Box Hill where the climb and circuit is and the roads are very slippery in the wet.

This Albatross has been a bit of a labour for me, i just haven't got into it at all for some reason. I dont like the decal covered wings, very difficult to make them look real. I don't ever have two models on the go as if i put this to one side i will never finish it as i am not happy with it. I cant envisage quite how it would look in a field in France, how bright the colours would be, how dirty it would be ? Looking at black and white photo's some of these aircraft look a real mess but that might be just photo degradation...who knows. its difficult to be happy with it really.
Anyway, rigging done, fortunately the rigging compared to the British stuff is about as basic as it can be so no worries there

_DSC6019.jpg

(y)

Even with your discontent (hopefully only slight and passing), it looks good to me!

Regards,

It looks fantastic to me Paddy. Youve really captured the lines. Lovely work. Maybe just a small breather away will show you the em you've got.
James

Today is the Women's race and its tipping it down (rain) ;)

We call it Blowing up a cloud 'round here.

Paddy I understand your trepidation here, I faced the same thing with my Pup. I found the rigging very frustrating, you get one line tight, another would slacken up.

Stay with it bud, you're doing fine. Dirty it up to your tasting, sure it will look fine.

You are an artist when it comes to these kits Paddy. I have always enjoyed your work.

Paddy I cant imagine there is anything you cant build well. Another beautiful piece of art. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Well Paddy, maybe you don't feel very comfortable in this build but it looks very comfy from here .

Very nice indeed.

Cheers, Christian B)

You are all too kind :) I have a few business things to attend to now ( like putting a 1973 Ducati together 1:1 scale) then, inspired by Paul w, i will dig out my Tamiya Spit MkXVIe
Thanks again guys, always nice to get a little feed back. I will also do the call to arms. My mum had Cancer when i was 5 years old in 1965 and was away and converlessing (as they did in those days) for 2 years ! She made a full recovery a died recently aged 80 years so there is proof to everyone you can get through cancer and go on to live a great life to a good age.
Best
Paddy (y)

Great job Paddy!!! Now I'll wait a month or two and start mine.

Terry :laugh:

Paddy, that is quite the finish I would expect from your bench. Flawless to a T.(no pun intended Terry)

Back