• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Airfix Spitfire FINISHED

Never a good idea to voice any opinion or fact to do with Spitfires :)
Or Sherman tanks!

There were indeed other PR variants, one with larger vertical cameras which used the radio hatch' plus a new one on the starboard side. to simply replace the bodies...
14-jpg.242750

As for plywood and canvas...
9-1.jpg

More variants:
13-jpg.242749

That's astounding model making! What a cool airplane model. I cain't have one, but I enjoy watching the build process! :ro:

Why cant you have one ?
I lack the build space for such a grand project. That and with all the TLAR stuff I'm working on and selling models on our website, I might never do the big Spitfire the justice it deserves.

Build space is always a problem for me too
_DSC6811.JPG

This why i don't keep my build's :)

The plumbing is quite a challenge here. The kit supply the basics and would be fine TBH however i want to make this a bit busier.

_DSC6806.JPG

This the basic kit parts, still quite tricky as there are 8 attachment points here to the bulkhead that all have to line up together to be sure it all sits square...so you dont have a crooked nose :)

_DSC6812.JPG

Its starting to get a bit big now

_DSC6837.JPG

_DSC6843.JPG

I struggled with the flaps and ailerons but they are on now.
Flaps on a spit are powered down so dont drop while on the ground. In fact pilots were fined for leaving them down as it kept the hydrolic system pressurised when parked up. the kit flaps are ok if you are posing your model in flight.
Not looking forward to painting this with my new favourite paints (MRP)....could take weeks and a dozen coats :)
I have already ordered 2 bottles of each colour as i cant see on bottle being enough. With primer and flat coats and three colures its going to be £30 + just to paint it.

Absolutely amazing. I have to admit I am struggling with mine, but yours looks fantastic. I hear ya about painting something this big. Gonna need a bigger boat! of paint ;)

"With primer and flat coats and three colures its going to be £30 + just to paint it."

That seems like a lot, until I convert it to USD ($37.85). I still think the Pound is at $2.75 (like it was in the late '70s.) Everything so expensive! However, it is what it is. I saw a 1/72d 2 kit box the other day for $85! Two 1/72 scale kits for what????? My heart is weak and cannot handle such a shock! ☠️

Your Spit is looking great!

Not a MKIX but more likely a MkV but interesting all the same as i was just cross with myself over the panel fit on my model.... I feel better after seeing this

Plagis-colorized.jpg

Back