• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WnW Albatross D.V.a

This is my thinking for the lozenge colour.

This is the real thing in the RAF museum.

_DSC4270.jpg

I know the white is about right so the lozenge colours cant be far off

This is the decal and a coat of smoke and flat clear.

_DSC5914.jpg

It was actually 3 coats of smoke but i think two might be about right .
Any thoughts gratefully received :) I wonder if i flat coat first whether the smoke might not separate quite so much on the smooth decals....

By adding the flat coat first then smoke then more flat the smoke dosnt separate so badly.

_DSC5915.jpg

Here i have decal and decal/flat/smoke/flat and decal/smoke/flat.

Are you modeling this as it would appear today or when it was in service, reason I ask is the reference picture you have is of material that's aged for nearly 100 years.

I like the decal/flat/smoke/flat option.

I think its more a case of making it look dirty MP, engines belching out hot caster oil and general weathering, soot smoke and grime and so on..What i noticed on these things was the painted linen effect, its not like smooth doped linen like early Hurricane wings, its quite coarse.

Just an update to recap where i have got too.

_DSC5917.jpg

One thing worth doing is to take a picture of the rigging holes before you add the lozenge decals so you have an idea where they are later on or you will never find them under the deals.

_DSC5874.jpg

Little point in building an aircraft unless i can find some one to fly it :) so i have been working on Paddy Von Riggingbuilder...my first ever attempt at a little man. Beats trying to do the rigging :) a little way to go yet but you get the idea

_DSC5928.jpg

Little point in building an aircraft unless i can find some one to fly it :) so i have been working on Paddy Von Riggingbuilder...my first ever attempt at a little man. Beats trying to do the rigging :) a little way to go yet but you get the idea

_DSC5928.jpg

Pocket Billiards anyone??

Anyway seriously great work Paddy :pilot

Thanks Phil
I have run out of steam on this at the moment as I don't seem to have any spare time. I am going to try and make a start on the rigging this weekend.

_DSC5989.jpg

Cheers (y)

Back