• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

good to see it repaired - good job Bob ... I never had that problem with ALCLAD but then all of my models do need a base coat first.

Martin you have a lot of experience in the AlcladII, let me ask you. I've been testing with a spare part and every wash I use ends up dulling, hazing the high shine finish. What would you suggest for panel wash?

If its just panel lines i used water colours with a minute touch of dish washing liquid..Also leave alclad for at least 3 days before doing much with it.

Definitely a great save and sure does look the part, I bet you lent back after those masks came off and said T.F.F.T. !! (y)

Not sure what T.F.F.T. is but I was satisfied. What gets me more than anything is I know what I'm suppose to do to make it work right to start with and I didn't do it.

I got some work done last couple of days. Antiglare shield and Squadron codes are painted. Had a slight peeling of the spinner color but since I alcladII the spinner to start with, and it is slight, i'm going with it, looks natural.

Pulled the windscreen mask off last night, got troubles on the rudder but stripped it and repainting it now. I just hope those mask hold out for just one more application.

OH! I installed the RB Product canopy rails, WOW! Those things are thin! used the AlcladII Aqua Gloss as the glue on that, much like using Future as an adhesive. They turned out really nice if I say so myself...

I know.. :nopics

Yup, if pictures are worth a thousand words. You are a few shy of a good conversation. :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

If its just panel lines i used water colours with a minute touch of dish washing liquid

I did this before and then researched as to why... the dishwashing detergent works as a wetting agent. So, if you have a dishwasher, the rinse agent works even better without the risk of bubbles.

Regards,

THERE WILL BE NO MORE TAPE TO TOUCH THIS BUILD!

:vmad

This time it's the ammo bay cover on the wing. Mind you it was painted at the same time as the wing. I tested the wing repeatedly, even masked it for the squadron colors and had no problem. put the mask down for the insignia, pulled it up to reposition and what do you think happened???

:bang head

Kit decals are very nice so... :pilot

Here is a tip,much too late :blush: ,and I don't know if it works with your AlcladII paint;

To make your tape more low-tack,put it on your jeans first and then use it on your model.

Yes,I know I am too late,but you might want to give it a try.

Greetings,Ron.

Back