• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STUG 3 C/D - EASTERN FRONT(Frankenstein build)

It is possible that someone pushed the truck cab with another tank... there are no rules in the war. But one thing is for sure! This is an excellent documented and implemented diorama Ian! :ro: :ro: :ro:

All the best!
Dusan.

It is possible that someone pushed the truck cab with another tank... there are no rules in the war. But one thing is for sure! This is an excellent documented and implemented diorama Ian! :ro: :ro: :ro:

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks Dusan.
To be honest i have seen so many vehicles like this that i don't try to think why anymore.

I wanted to have the scene closed-in with the prisoners walking between the wreckage.

Ian

UPDATE - SOME PAINT FINALLY
I started painting this old warrior with the intention of making it a survivor.
GERMAN GREY BASE COAT

DSC00207_zpsd20304e1.jpg

DARK YELLOW

DSC00210_zps04c18d76.jpg

DSC00213_zpsd91f9431.jpg

AK HEAVY CHIPPING FLUID
I found this hard to use as the effect did not want to work very easily. Disappointed with the product after all the hype I had heard. :(

Decals, faded winter cam and Mud still to come.

DSC00215_zps1f99df71.jpg

Oils added to continue the damaged old paint effect
DSC00221_zpsc3c06df7.jpg

DSC00224_zpsa8f53c44.jpg

:) Thanks for the comments guys.......appreciate your interest.

I have finished the final stages needed before it needs blending on the base, so for the purpose of the Stug campaign.....
I'm calling this one DONE! :ro:

I will continue with the diorama in my Masters blog.

My First Campaign Ribbon! :geek

However, I am not happy with the end result and feel the tank 's finish is very uninteresting.
I put this down to not being sure of what finish I wanted from the start, as I usually go into a diorama with the final finish set in my mind.
Consequently I enjoyed the build, but did not approach the painting in my usual way and ended up with a crap result. I hope I can save it once it goes on the dio base with some interesting weathering, but if I can't I will 'bin it'!.
Purge it :smack

Yellow oils on the acrylic plus some grey on the 44....
DSC00258_zps9b74d03e.jpg

DSC00260_zps0099d181.jpg

Some more mud colors added to the tracks and chassis....
DSC00264_zps36350cec.jpg

winter cam and scratches plus some dried mud - I think i liked it better when it was just yellow ......

DSC00287_zps4a6c6a4f.jpg

DSC00282_zpsc46da189.jpg

DSC00288_zps69f0e063.jpg

DSC00293_zps7087a36d.jpg

DSC00292_zps5e58400a.jpg

DSC00298_zps666fce82.jpg

Man, the contrast between the camo and the whitewash really speaks to me! Well done, sir! :notworthy (y) :drinks

:) Thanks everyone,
It must be just me. I am glad that you like it.....i wish I did :unsure: .
Anyway, I am sure it will grow on me if you guys liked it - I must be getting a bit old and 'cranky' :laugh: .
Thank you all and thanks MP. Yes I am a little excited to get my first ribbon. :v :dance

Please follow my progress on this as a dio, under my master section, when I post the new blog -see you there.
:drinks

Brokeneagle

You're always your own worse critic Ian, some of the things I've done that I thought sucked turned out the most praised. (y)

Back