• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STUG 3 C/D - EASTERN FRONT(Frankenstein build)

JUST AS A SHORT INTERLUDE

STUG CITY

I realised how many I need to finish! :smack

DSC00043_zps2cb577ed.jpg

:) Thanks everyone for looking............

LATEST UPDATE

Finished the tracks and added the mud mix.
Added some brass tool clamps plus smoke candle chains - some missing on purpose (damage).

DSC00098_zps26e2591d.jpg

DSC00099_zps423cae52.jpg

IMG_1814_zps543f6335.jpg

IMG_1816_zpsdbafcc74.jpg

IMG_1819_zpsa3ffee86.jpg

DSC00097_zpsd750a135.jpg

:) Thanks Luiz, Mike and James, appreciate that.

MP -color is not the deal at this stage so ignore that it is brown. Just after the texture.
Remember the golden rule with dio's (mine anyway, - everything gets painted - no real life colors).

UPDATE ON THE BASE

Laid down the beginnings of the ground work last night.
I used some pe cast broken cobblestone sections that I cast of a master piece. This save alot of money over the years as I never now buy cobblestone sections - also this is going to be covered in junk and debri so most of it will be covered. I only needed a few sections to peak through.

Pressed the basic detail into the soft ground so it will sit right and will now wait for that to dry before the next stage.

DSC00109_zpsafc95998.jpg

DSC00108_zps559cd522.jpg

DSC00107_zps719507de.jpg

DSC00106_zpsbadbec5f.jpg

DSC00101_zps11328772.jpg

DSC00100_zps2e1a20aa.jpg

BACK SOON :dude

Looking good (y) (y) (y) I do have a question about the placement though. I'm not sure how the stug got to where it is. With the truck cab behind it and the horse and cart beside it looks a bit incongruous.
James

Looking good (y) (y) (y) I do have a question about the placement though. I'm not sure how the stug got to where it is. With the truck cab behind it and the horse and cart beside it looks a bit incongruous.
James

Thanks James. :)
In answer to your question please see the opening reference photo's.

sbrez_zpsf087d573.jpg

ref2_zps289e8090.jpg

This is typical of the final battles in East Prussia; the German collapse was in full swing and I have many photo's depicting German equipment facing in all directions abandoned or corralled into situations in the towns and in the countryside where they seem to have been wiped out on mass. The vehicles and equipment (including horses and carriages stand damaged , destroyed or just abandoned facing each other of even backing into each other - it always looks like a mess or a junk pile.
The reference photo has a truck behind the stuG 3, and to capture the typical feel of these battles I added a dead horse and part of a cooks wagon.
So in short I actually want to capture the jammed -in and chaotic feel. I definitely did not want to do a typical 'here is a man in front of a tank' dio.
Any way I hope that this allows you to at least understand why but it is always good to question and critique please keep doing this.

Thanks to Mike, MP and Luiz as well.

Ian.

I can see it, sort of like everything didn't fall in to place at the same time. The stug could have been knocked out days or weeks before the truck was.

Back