• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Special Hobby Tempest 1/32 finished

Special Hobby Tempest 1/32

Sweet.

That's great point, in a lot of cases, if we modeled stuff to look exactly like the real thing, it'd look like a crappy model. Especially wartime military subjects.

I used to do a lot of aircraft photography, i took this a couple of years ago, this is not reflections in the paint, its dimpled panels and dents round rivets :)

I used to do a lot of aircraft photography, i took this a couple of years ago, this is not reflections in the paint, its dimpled panels and dents round rivets :)

Outstanding example.

I've done a lot of texturing with armor, especially rolled sheet or casting marks, but I'd worry about decimating detail if I tried it on AC.

Found a few minutes to splurge !! some paint on this today, went for the old rolls of Blu-tac method but TBH once i get the D-Day invasion stripes on this they will cover 75% of that i just did :)

Moving right along (y) (y) (y)

Very lite extra charge for painting it like the real thing :D

Cheers, Christian B)

I wonder if Roland Beamont realised when he painted black and white stripes on his aeroplane he was condemning generations of modelers to miles of masking tape and wonky lines :lol:

Not a very exciting picture :cheer: white areas added

I had planned to add the black stripes using black BMF which you can rub back to shinny metal to simulate wear but unfortunately the magazine bulges come just in the wrong place and by the time i fit the BMF over them the stripes will be narrow in that spot so it looks like paint. I will use the BMF for the walkways though.

Went with black paint in the end for the reasons stated before.
Bit of a sod to mask, stuck the undercarriage doors and flaps in place with blu tac for the time being. The masking tape pulled a small amount of white off the outer flap on one side showing some brass but its an easy repair.

all things considered the whole paint job has turned out better than i thought it might. I can get on and finish the undercarriage and flaps now :)

Thanks for looking, I'm winning this :)

Minimum of tidy-up... I'd be very happy with that, mate.

Ian.

Back