• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Special Hobby Tempest 1/32 finished

Special Hobby Tempest 1/32

Minimum of tidy-up... I'd be very happy with that, mate.

Ian.

As you say, a few rough edges but all in all it could have been worse. I once did this and the black paint bled under the masking tape and it turned out a complete mess :)

(y)
What a great build - love the Tempest and your paint looks great. Weathering invasion stripes always comes out very realistic and just adds to the overall look of toughness of the Tempest!

Great build ....keep it up :popcorn

Ian.

Here is the RAF museums Typhoon, note the invasion stripes on the undercarriage doors

and here is my Tempest with the doors sprayed in the closed position..

someone must be wrong ;)

You think the museum painted it without considering symmetry with gear up? Wouldn't be the first time a museum painted something wrong.

Not invasion stripes but..

Hawker_Tempest_V_JN729_-_Langley_-_1943.jpg

Quick update..
We have wheels, flaps, yellow leading edges and a Sky band round the tail.

I'm doing this a bit back to front. I had planned on doing the usual black highlight for the panels before doing a top coat etc but then i thought....
Its a nice effect and it works well with modern light colour and silver jets, it shows fading of panels well on US aircraft but how faded did a Tempest get in France, in a field in January 1944 ?..and with a life span of probably a couple on months ?
Weathering is probably more down to scratches and wear and repairs than subtle fading. To that end having produced a factory fresh paint scheme i will now destroy it :laugh:

Looking good already . Looking forward to some destruction (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Tempests didn't go to France in summer '44, Paddy. They were kept in the UK to counter the V1 threat. Can't recall which squadron you were planning to do, but if it's a 486 Squadron machine, I believe they were down at Newchurch, Kent so would have had access to base engineering and repair facilities.

HTH

Ian.

Yes sorry Ian, a muddy field in Kent about 30 miles north of France :)

I'm building Roland Beaumonts JN751, this is not it but it is a Tempest and Newchurch and it is RB, wing.

Back