• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Special Hobby Tempest 1/32 finished

Thanks MP, there will be a bit of a lull now till Christmas but the Tamiya 1/32 Corsair arrived yesterday so thats my next mission.
The Tempest really wasnt a bad kit bearing in mind special hobby are usually short run. I would say this is streets ahead of their past offerings and bordering on tamiya but not quite. Its basic in that there are no removeable panels or engine but its very nicely detailed. If i was building again i wouldn't bother with this "high tech" version with resin parts. I actually didn't use any of them except the seat. I used the plastic gun sight, the plastic gun barrels and control column and the plastic rudder bar assembly. I did use the eduard interior PE but it wasnt needed really because the kit mouldings are very good and very fine. The fit of parts is very good, just plan a few stages ahead with your assembly and it will be fine.

Cheers

Very nicely done Paddy . I have to say though that the Kent Tempest, is more weathered than I would have imagined considering their life expentensy was that short :blink

Good looking bird (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nicely done Paddy . I have to say though that the Kent Tempest, is more weathered than I would have imagined considering their life expentensy was that short :blink

Good looking bird (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)
That is ace, Paddy. A top shelf job for sure.

Back