• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz.167 Stug IV (Italeri No. 6941)

My first attempt at Fruil Tracks & I have learnt the hard way not to leave to much extra when joining the links. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can use as an alternative? I'm going to look in craft shops.

h1aef622.jpg

Beading wire might work, or picture hanging wire. Another alternative is brass rod and make pins. Should be able to find K$S rod at hobby shop or on line. Also if you know any modelers who use fruil they might have spare they could give. Looking good btw.

James

.020 brass wire is my weapon of choice, easy to obtain, easy to cut and weathers with the burnishing solutions or can be easily painted. B)

Thanks for the suggestions.Got some 26 gauge beading wire (to thick) & some 30 gauge (to thin). Just my luck! Searched down in the deepest darkest depths of my bits & pieces & finally found brass rod that I use for antennas.

Back