• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz.167 Stug IV (Italeri No. 6941)

Taor

As mentioned in another forum this is my first build after a 4 year break. Slowly but surely getting it done. A lot of modelling cobwebs to get rid of. Kit is going together ok. Expected a little better from Italeri. There are mistakes in the instructions that you only really pick up when it is to late. Some details seem a bit 'strange'. Thanks for viewing.

h245f4f4.jpg

Progress has slowed while I complete possibly my least favourite part of building... Cleaning up a squillion individual track links. Well maybe not a squillion but it seems like it. Surely modellers should be permitted to train small primates to complete these tasks. I'd be prepared to pay gnerously in bananas to so I don't have to do it !

hac1ebf2.jpg

If you find these small primates let me know I have 10 more links to go before my halftrack has half of them done ... :skipper

Looking good so far. As for the track, nothing beats Fruil track in my mind for ease of assembly and look. I hate those itsy bitsy plastic one, probably because I cant figure hopw to do them right.
James

Looking good so far. As for the track, nothing beats Fruil track in my mind for ease of assembly and look. I hate those itsy bitsy plastic one, probably because I cant figure hopw to do them right.
James
I've never tried the Fruil Tracks. Is there a decent online hobby store that supplies these tracks If anyone knows of an Australian store that would be even better.

There should be something down under ... Do a search for tracks I'm sure there is one as there are lots of armor modelers in your neck of the woods ... :skipper

James
I've never tried the Fruil Tracks. Is there a decent online hobby store that supplies these tracks If anyone knows of an Australian store that would be even better.

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/friulmodel
Any Pz III or IV mid to late tracks wil do

Progress has slowed while I complete possibly my least favourite part of building... Cleaning up a squillion individual track links. Well maybe not a squillion but it seems like it. Surely modellers should be permitted to train small primates to complete these tasks. I'd be prepared to pay gnerously in bananas to so I don't have to do it !

hac1ebf2.jpg

For plastic tracks use the rubber glue you use to repair bicycle tires (they stay flexible)

And after installing (on your tank) with the correct track sag .....

you glue them to the return rollers and drive spockets with Tamiya extra thin glue .

Piet thanks for that tip. I shall definitely be trying that one out. I did get onto the BNA website & purchased a set of Fruil tracks. I've never used them before so I'm looking forward to trying them out. Due to the cost I won't be getting them for every model.
Thanks to all who have offered their thoughts.

I believe that my Gator's Grip Hobby Glue would stay flexible enough to use on plastic tracks.

Fruil Tracks have arrived... Two down only 228 to go !
Not real happy with the poor fit of the upper & lower hulls of the vehicle. It is going to need some well placed equipment, bedrolls & tarps to hide the big gaps.

h5ddba17.jpg

Back