• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

References for painting Australian SAS in Vietnam?

DioRandy

Hey, gang
I've ordered the entire line of Bravo-6's Vietnam series and would appreciate some help with how-to references for painting the camo uniforms of the SAS. That would include the proper colors, etc.
Thanks,
Randy

Hi Randy,

This is a great book on the SAS Regiment.

Starting from the unit formation and operational service in Vietnam .
A great read for anyone who is interested in the Australian SAS .
This is the only colour image in the whole book
sas_book_20100308_1451574435.jpg

I got a close up look on the weekend at our model club meet where I found the figures are
really well sculptured and detailed but the one real inaccuracy in the Bravo figure set is the weapons .

I have yet to see any current recorded photograph with foregrip handles on the L1A1 SLR.
The guy on the left is holding the L1A1 with a 40 round mag.
This was a bigger mag designed for a AR40 SLR with a heavier barrel for sustained fire.

This is also shown on the M60 ,the only time the M60 come out with a foregrip handle was when they shortened it and it was used in the mid eightees, rambo movies ,US special forces and the marines.

I can recall they removed the bipod to save weight but that was it .
I stand corrected if someone can show an accurate form of reference on these weapons used by the Australian SAS.

Michael

Great Photos Jenny,
DML put out an M-16 set years ago, that has many of the different
weapons on the weapons board (in the photos)... If you can't find
this set let me know (I probably could part with a few of them
that you can use)... Let me know and I'll see what I can throw
together).
Shawn

Back