• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nakajima Type 11 Night Fighter....in-progress

matrixone

While waiting for good weather so I can take some pics of my finished Testor's Me 163 I started another kit, this one is a bit out of my comfort zone and is the Tamiya 1/48 scale Nakajima Type 11 Irving.

So far I have spent most of the time figuring out what colors go where in the cockpit, the book by Robert Mikesh on Japanese Interiors has been a big help so far. The actual assembly of the kit parts up to this point
has been perfect and don't expect there to be any trouble.

Here is what the cockpit looks like right now...
403223273.jpg

403223272.jpg

403223269.jpg

403223267.jpg

There are a few more parts I need to add inside the fuselage halves before I can close them up.

The color for this aircraft was overall dark green and to avoid the bland look of such a finish I will be using a combination of pre-shading and highlighting of a few random panels on the uppersurfaces to represent some fading of the paint.

Matrixone

Thanks Moon Puppy!

The cockpit for this aircraft is very colorful compared to my usual RLM 66 colored cockpits of German aircraft...it looks like someone barfed in technicolor! :eek:hmy:

Matrixone

Thank you Old Dog!

Besides this model I might get one more Japanese aircraft model built before years end.

Matrixone

Dave,
I needed a short break from the German stuff, I shall return. Next German thing might be a biggee! :D

Matrixone

Looks great Les! I've only done the major three Navy aircraft...so much Japanese stuff yet to do on the list! I'd really love to get my hands on a quarter scale Betty but the price is insane!

Thanks again guys!

Dave,
No Arado jets will be built this year, my next German plane will be 1/32 scale. Not sure if I will actually attempt it but I have a figure kit that needs to be built...now thats WAY out of my comfort zone. :idonno

Matrixone

More work done on the Nakajima, the wing is assembled and the cockpit is enclosed in the fuselage and is 98% finished, there will be a couple small bits that will be added just before I glue the canopy on before painting.
I really like the cockpit detail included in this kit, its easy to assemble yet after its painted it looks the part.

403293283.jpg

403293281.jpg

403293280.jpg

Matrixone

Back