• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MMM-2020 Do335 B-6 Nightfighter

h286d8d3.JPG

She's a beauty alright! Looking forward to your build Paul! (y)

great plane & great start .... Paul ... :popcorn

Thanks Gerry! It is being a bit of a challenge, but I think perseverance will git-r-dun.

Love watching your detail work.

Thanks Chris! Other folks on here have inspired me to up my ante many times. Just trying to pass it on.

Great job,as always... :popcorn

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz!

She's a beauty alright! Looking forward to your build Paul! (y)

Thanks Dave I hope to not disappoint!

Great start Paul,
should be a nice build and still reasonably sized in 1/72. I agree with your logic on the small scale before the large. I have done that a few times myself and it works a treat with sorting the paint and weathering of the larger kit.

:popcorn :popcorn

Ian.

I have been talking myself into going in and "at least" doing a little something on this project. It is paying off and so here is a decent sized update.

MMM-2020-Do335-13.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-14.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-15.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-16.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-17.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-18.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-19.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-20.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-21.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-22.jpg

I have the grey base color painted in the cockpits. I will add some detail but much more than basic stuff won't be seen through the canopies.

Thanks for looking in.

Thanks for looking in guys! This build is moving along fairly well considering how poor the kit fits. I have been going in the hobby room every night this week and getting a fair amount done. Last night I finished up the two cockpits and mounted the radar op tub in the part it fits in. I also figured out what needed to be adjusted to get the rudder parts/sides to line up better.

The next part is to get the nose gear well and pilot's cockpit aligned and placed. The nose gear well has a similar problem to the main gear wells. :bang head

I still have to finish the work needed on the flaps and ailerons.

Things are moving right along, which is good as it is at the halfway mark through the month for the build. Got a bit done today, and thought it was about time for another post.

MMM-2020-Do335-23.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-24.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-25.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-26.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-27.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-28.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-29.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-30.jpg

I need to finish reshaping the wing trailing edge and rescribe the lines there before mounting it to the fuselage. Then it is going to be "Git-R-Dun" time.

Thanks for looking in.

Looks like a beast of a build Paul, but you seem to be taming it! Keep it up
:good:

Thanks for looking in guys! (y)

Today I made a supply run to the hobby shop looking for some decals, (no luck there) and came home and built a little more. Had to work out the gap and fillet where the fuselage meets the flaps. I have added really fine cuts to most all the controls where the ends are rather than just a panel line. Had to close up the big gaps where the flaps met the fuse though. Got it done and the main wing mounted.

Then it was time to do the tail feathers. The rudders are a touch out of vertical, but not noticeable to my eye. The horizontal parts though needed to be flat and level with the wings. Rather than fight with them I set up my jig and got everything aligned before glue. Then add solvent and let it dry.

Once those parts were all set it was time to add nose weight. For as small as this little beast is, it took a fair bit of fishing weights.

MMM-2020-Do335-31.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-32.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-33.jpg

Now I will add the details and do filler duty. The landing gear are just pressed or tacked in place so no fighting with that. I will probably add the upper nose panel last thing before closing it and painting, just in case it needs a bit more.

What beautiful work! Man, you gotta love that jig as well. I wish I had the resources to build one like that.

What beautiful work! Man, you gotta love that jig as well. I wish I had the resources to build one like that.

Thanks for looking in Mark!

It has become a handy tool. It has also evolved over the last10 years or so and I have added a bunch of extra bits and jigs to it. While I could do these things in other ways, why bother when I can just as easily use the jig. It also has the advantage that once it is all clamped in place I can pick it up and look it over for something I might have missed "before" doing the glue thing.

Thanks for looking in guys! (y)

Today I made a supply run to the hobby shop looking for some decals, (no luck there) and came home and built a little more. Had to work out the gap and fillet where the fuselage meets the flaps. I have added really fine cuts to most all the controls where the ends are rather than just a panel line. Had to close up the big gaps where the flaps met the fuse though. Got it done and the main wing mounted.

Then it was time to do the tail feathers. The rudders are a touch out of vertical, but not noticeable to my eye. The horizontal parts though needed to be flat and level with the wings. Rather than fight with them I set up my jig and got everything aligned before glue. Then add solvent and let it dry.

Once those parts were all set it was time to add nose weight. For as small as this little beast is, it took a fair bit of fishing weights.

MMM-2020-Do335-31.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-32.jpg

MMM-2020-Do335-33.jpg

Now I will add the details and do filler duty. The landing gear are just pressed or tacked in place so no fighting with that. I will probably add the upper nose panel last thing before closing it and painting, just in case it needs a bit more.

Nice, your's is probably more square and true than the real one is. :rotf (y)

Bob is right Paul!

I guess by the end of the war planes were assembled "as possible" and not nearly as milimetrically perfect as yours!

Amazing Job. Keep going.

Cheers

Alex

Back