• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Boulton Paul Defiant from Airfix

I managed to slip this one in just under the wire. Could have had it done earlier, but always seem to have a dread of dealing with decals. My biggest problem with these was "ME". I managed to get them on and done, so another one is finished.

MMM2024BPD-14.jpg

MMM2024BPD-15.jpg

MMM2024BPD-16.jpg

MMM2024BPD-17.jpg

MMM2024BPD-18.jpg

MMM2024BPD-19.jpg

MMM2024BPD-20.jpg

MMM2024BPD-21.jpg

MMM2024BPD-22.jpg

Definitely an odd looking little plane. It was supposed to be really easy to fly and was well liked by the pilots. The Master Models machine gun barrels and pitot tube are very crisp and improved the look of the plane a nice amount.

fantastic job Paul, camo and colours worked out really well. The defiant was a good idea in the 1930,s but was very out of date by the 1940;s, it did get a short reprieve as a night fighter but with no forward firing armament it had its faults, not least weight and performance.

This build ended up being a "try these things out" build where I tried out masking, relearned decal application, dealt with other problems etc. It is OK, but not up to the standards I would like to have on my BIG ones. Thus it was a good one to experiment a little bit.

Back