• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitts X 3

The phrase that comes to mind is 'Watch and learn boys, watch and learn.'

Definitely gives my a lead to follow on my two Eduards...

Thanks very much for looking in and for the comments.

Painting of the upper surfaces has begun on the Bf 109G-10 'Erla', as usual on my models I paint the wings and fuselage separately to reduce the risk of leaving fingerprints in wet paint...the fuselage makes a dandy handle whilst painting the wings.
Unlike the lower surfaces no pre-shading was done here but I DID use lightened layers of each upper surface color to add a bit of weathering and wear mostly around the wings roots where the ground crew would walk while they worked on the aircraft.

h0f7571b.JPG

h553b027.JPG

hb6ca733.JPG

hc0d7711.JPG

h56a1e97.JPG

hc719764.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks Ed and Luiz!

I finished with painting the camouflage on the Revell Bf 109G-10.

The 109 I am modeling had very lightly sprayed on mottling that was hazy looking and not well defined mottles like most other 109's wore. One good thing is the JG 301 RVD bands will be sprayed on soon and add a bit of color to an otherwise very drab paint scheme.

h29692c5.JPG

hc74283e.JPG

h9dba0fb.JPG

ha5a37b2.JPG

h84884d6.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I started painting the JG 301 RVD band on the fuselage, this band will be two colors, yellow and red. The first step in painting yellow is always misting on a light coat of flat white so after masking off the fuselage I sprayed on the flat white, notice I kept this looking very patchy and on the bottom of the fuselage I matched the exact pattern of the pre-shading that I did on the rest of the fuselage.

h5ecf0da.JPG

hac92534.JPG

The yellow has now been sprayed on...it does not show up well here but the yellow has just a hint of the patchy effect from the white paint.

h18814ce.JPG

h1315885.JPG

The propeller is now assembled and the prop blades were given some weathering.

hea8b01a.JPG

hc69844c.JPG

Some paint chipping was done on the fuselage and wing roots, more will be done after the markings have been added.

h486d118.JPG

After the yellow paint on the fuselage is 100% dry I will mask off part of the band so I can paint on the red.

Matrixone

Thanks guys!

Some of the hard work put into the Revell Bf 109G-10 is starting to pay off, here are some pictures to show what this is about.

Here the red has been added to the JG 301 RVD band, this went about as well as I had hoped it would.

hc13f729.JPG

The rubber seal on the rear of the engine cowl was masked off and painted Testor's rubber straight from the bottle, this picture shows the masking just before paint.

hb46474b.JPG

Since the aircraft I am modeling was operated by IV.JG 301 I needed to mask and spray on the blue IV./Gruppe bar, this was easy to compared to masking the fuselage bands.

hc2ca7e1.JPG

hfe85341.JPG

In these pictures the RVD band and results of painting the rubber seal on the rear of the engine cowl can be seen.

h4d4a219.JPG

h56ec33f.JPG

h35b014a.JPG

The 1/72 scale Me 262 is finished and pictures of it will be taken when the weather improves...for three straight weeks there has been perfect weather here but as soon as I finish a model it rains! :bang head At least the rain is just from thundershowers and not real PNW rain. (y)

Matrixone

Back