• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitts X 3

The comments are appreciated! :notworthy

Ed,
Sorry, can't afford to share rain at this time...we have a real drought here and its not expected to go away anytime soon. :huh: In a typical year I maybe will need to mow the lawn once or twice in June but this year I have already mowed it five times. This has been the driest spring/summer I have experienced here.
But no real complaints though, it could be worse...just look at what Pakistan is going through right now. :blink

One last bit of camouflage that still needs to be sprayed on the 109 is the RLM 76 on the lower part of the rudder, this will be done the same way I did when I painted on the green mottling on the tail. Once the rudder is painted I can go ahead and spray on Future in preparation for decaling.

Matrixone

Ok Les, Yeah, we got a drought goin' on here. Just google New Melones Lake in Calif. Or even Folsom Lake :S

ANyhow, this is lookin' real good! (y) (y) :drinks

Welp, the Revell Bf 109 did not make the deadline but work on it still continues.

I finished painting the rudder camouflage by painting on the RLM 76 near the bottom.

hc91afae.JPG

h5a10607.JPG

I masked off part of the flaps and painted on a narrow strip of RLM 02. When 109's were painted at the factories the flaps were in the 'up' position and when the flaps were lowered they exposed a narrow strip on them that did not receive the camouflage paint, this could either be RLM 02 or natural metal and I chose to paint this RLM 02 on my model.

hf5346ad.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks once again!

Not a very exciting update on the Erla 109 this time. :(

Some detail work with oil paints was done on the landing gear legs and wheels...next update should show the decals on the model.

hc2b2126.JPG

I fired up the time machine and went back in time to get some pictures of the Me 262 ''white 1'' at the airfield, watch this thread later today. :eek:ldguy

Matrixone

Thanks once again!

Not a very exciting update on the Erla 109 this time. :(

Some detail work with oil paints was done on the landing gear legs and wheels...next update should show the decals on the model.

hc2b2126.JPG

I fired up the time machine and went back in time to get some pictures of the Me 262 ''white 1'' at the airfield, watch this thread later today. :eek:ldguy

Matrixone

:popcorn :drool

Thank you Ed and Luiz!

Okay, here are some Me 262A-1a pictures from the Wayback machine....hope you like them. :cheer:

h43c0176.JPG

A line up of KG(j)6 Me 262's, ''white 1'' can be seen behind ''black 7''.

h8885fb4.JPG

h68726d9.JPG

h257f8db.JPG

h38e029e.JPG

ha6bf0bc.JPG

h2209dff.JPG

h485fef3.JPG

h74c712c.JPG

h9a69709.JPG

Matrixone

Glad you like them Luiz!

It was HOT that day and it was not so much fun getting these pictures...usually its something I have fun with but there have been record temps in my area that's taking a toll on my modeling time and picture taking.

Some other pics...

h57cdbfb.JPG

hb673148.JPG

h6fef06d.JPG

Matrixone

Back