• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M3 Lee

20240912_193327.jpg
20240912_193334.jpg
20240912_193351.jpg
20240912_193415.jpg
20240912_193625.jpg

Man these photos really show up some issues I have. Like Paddy said about the sprue gates being so large. Getting to this point I see a lot of missteps in the assembly process that I'm going to correct on Lullubelle. For example, they want you to attach PE tie down points on the engine deck then 2-3 steps later you're supposed to loop tiedown straps though them. OK if I had studied the instructions I would have seen that, I've never been good at studying. I'll loop the straps to the tiedown points on Lullubelle.

And that front armor plate...just not lined up right after all that fitting.

All that detail inside just gone. But we know it's there. :soldier

I read Paddy's post about the running gear and I found the same issues. Things just didn't want to stay. Sure I could have made them static and glue them but where's the fun of solving that problem?
20240915_142721.jpg

bottom right is as Miniart would have you build them. Everytime I pick it up the road wheel assembly falls out of the mount. There's not enough there for them to mate properly.
My idea is to drill out as you see here, and add a .5 mm tube to work as an axel. Ended up putting the full sprues on the drill press to get a good straight plunge. Workd out pretty well I think.

20240915_183639.jpg
You got to be careful here. Instructions don't point this out but the castle nut on the road wheel axel should face outward and there's a grease zirk barely visible on the wheel itself. I missed it on one set but will catch it on Lullubelle fer sur.

Short??? :rotf
But Lullubelle's will be quick that's for sure.

BTW, you said you want to see these rolling over a knive handle? I don't think that's going to work, these things are still stiff as all get out.

20240918_192429.jpg

Hey we're up on wheels! I've also closed up the engine deck, regrettably but the way the tools attach to that deck it'll have to be sealed up. Used Nato Black mixed with some white to get the rubber color. Thanks to @errains for that tip. I changed the mix slightly between several of the wheels just for some variation.

1726796958221.png

10 minutes getting the first track together then the following were faster. only 4 links...I like them. Those brown ones were those Muskle or whatever they were called? You know the ones with the ejection holes on one side? I don't have confidence in those things staying together.

But hey, look what I found in one of the boxes!
1726797108466.png

So... :soldier

Back