• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

I am not sure if you want to do this as it adds lots of time, but I find it very worthwhile.

UI5NfjI.jpg

Take your highlight color and add more buff. Mask off the higher raised, larger details (#1) (Spray them with the lighter color. Smaller area's with #1 can be brush painted - Use your discretion. Then lighten the color again, and hit the areas with #2. Do this to the whole model. When this is done you are ready for a filter to tie it all together, ie blend it. Then gloss coat and decals.

HTH :mpup

Yep! (y)

I am not sure if you want to do this as it adds lots of time, but I find it very worthwhile.

Take your highlight color and add more buff. Mask off the higher raised, larger details (#1) (Spray them with the lighter color. Smaller area's with #1 can be brush painted - Use your discretion. Then lighten the color again, and hit the areas with #2. Do this to the whole model. When this is done you are ready for a filter to tie it all together, ie blend it. Then gloss coat and decals.

HTH :mpup

Thanks John, that really helps. :notworthy

I've wasted a lot of time with construction that went no where. Time painting is well invested as far as I'm concerned.

So do this prior to decals I would think. :hmmm

I KNEW I felt a disturbance in the Force, Moon is modulating! :rotf

Seriously though, looks really good. Filters will make it more subtle as you add more layers. :good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQf5cGPcP48

Dang good for your first go on this merrygoround! There are a couple of areas to hit that will look funny if left out. Primarily the Y shaped raised area on the front fenders, the top the the right front fender support bracket, top edge of the antenna pot, top edge of the bolted transmission housing, top edge of the bolts on the transmission housing, light guards, and anything else that is raised. Other than that hit er with a green filter (she is looking a bit brown) - make sure it is like 90 thinner to 10 paint!

Here is a filter to the rescue in the same situation.
h9462862.jpg

Honestly its good this is a riveted and bolted beast, while more work, it really makes the effects POP!

Dang good for your first go on this merrygoround! There are a couple of areas to hit that will look funny if left out. Primarily the Y shaped raised area on the front fenders, the top the the right front fender support bracket, top edge of the antenna pot, top edge of the bolted transmission housing, top edge of the bolts on the transmission housing, light guards, and anything else that is raised. Other than that hit er with a green filter (she is looking a bit brown) - make sure it is like 90 thinner to 10 paint!

Here is a filter to the rescue in the same situation.
h9462862.jpg

Honestly its good this is a riveted and bolted beast, while more work, it really makes the effects POP!

Thanks DrJohn, those ribs on the front fender are in the highlight color but it got away from me and that's all you see. I need to darken the lower surfaces some. Duly noted on the other items. Will get to them ASAP. :soldier

It is really looking good Bob! Sorry I haven't been looking in on much anything lately. Hittin my spring "don't wanna do nothin's" and that includes getting online.

Looking forward to seeing how you finish it up.

Well Doc, what's the verdict?

h6f4775d.jpg

hf9955de.jpg

hf4a92d8.jpg

hcb6f09f.jpg

Found I had Vallejo Green wash for Green and Olive. Figure one that's really acrylic would be ok.

Back