• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

Bob, that turned out brilliant! Man, I hope someday I can be half as good as you.

Looks like your approaching the homestretch here, looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks John. I did some dry transfers tonight. Star on the turret and found the registration number being 304512. One post said it's in black, not white or the blue drab. Not sure how they can figure it's black from a black and white movie but I'm going with the blue drab. Just got to get it all lined up. I can not find any generic block lettering, I found some that was like hand painted but not block like "Lullubelle" is written. I'll have some pictures tomorrow.

Shane's on right now. :popcorn

Why can't anything be simple. The Blue Drab transfers are not transferring. I'll try wet technique. Anyone know what font face and color I would have to use in case I have to print my own out?

You will not believe what I went through to get this point.

I did fix the 20 year old VCR/TV that my Bride wanted fixed for her classroom. I offered to by a new DVD flat screen but nooooo...

h825943d.jpg

And it looks like crap. I'm pulling them off and trying again.

I did fix the 20 year old VCR/TV that my Bride wanted fixed for her classroom. I offered to by a new DVD flat screen but nooooo...

h825943d.jpg

Need a VCR ? :idonno

h825943d.jpg

All the letters & numerals look to be lined up except the W-304 which is tilted down a bit towards the rear of the tank. If you fix just thoe ones the entire run should look okay.

Edit: I just did that with Photo Impression and the run lines up really well. It looks like the W-304was lined up with the top of the side rather than the bottom. All is not lost if you can redow that W-304 section.

Good luck and cheers

Been a loooong time since I worked with dry transfer lettering. Takes a different skill set. Also the letters with curved tops and bottoms don't line up quite the same as those with flat top and bottoms. ( the curve sticks up and down past the lines a touch) Just don't go get out one of Ed's bats and take it to it.

3dfou.gif

Back