• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KA-GO by fine molds

It was MY great pleasure, our Voyage to Marietta! This little egg-beater will be cool, in your cases, with the Awards next to it! :good:
Keep up the fine work! :bang head

It was MY great pleasure, our Voyage to Marietta! This little egg-beater will be cool, in your cases, with the Awards next to it! :good:
Keep up the fine work! :bang head

Hey Mr Chris ! I hope you have not suffered from any more Buff bites :bang head

Marietta was my pleasure . Need more good modeler time for sure .

Not so sure about this KA-GO going anywhere . So far the only two pieces that have gone together amicably are the ones used to scratch build the engine :smack

The little whirly-bird will look good when .... done .... Hold your head up a get - R- Done !! :eek:ldguy

I was thinking more like keep your head down and proceed with caution :rotf

Lots of 'sage' advice happening here, and some fine modelling too !!

Ian.

Thanks...Actually an interesting machine. :hmmm

Got to tell you though that the assembly is between fidly and annoying .

Anyhow, trying to assemble the main gear ( too many small parts ) :frantic

Maybe pictures latter . Cheers, Christian B)

Well, it's latter so here we go :)

Thinking back to when I started cutting on the fuselage, I wish I would have handled this engine vent differently but sadly I turned it into dust.

That said, I made a replacement from a Mountain due can. Most difficult bent piece of metal I have ever tried to form.

KA-GO_assembly_001a.jpg

Next I used some special tools to assemble the rotor :idonno

KA-GO_assembly_002a.jpg

But I did use the porp master to make sure that everything was straight

KA-GO_assembly_003a.jpg

The rotor mast was mounted and then some I jury rigged an oil cooler.

KA-GO_assembly_005a.jpg

Amazingly the six parts needed for the main gear actually fit together but required a lot of fiddling before managing to attach them to one another :bang head

Finally , the rudder and tail wheel came as part to the fuselage were soon broken off. :S
Rudder glued back on and tail wheel remanufactured .

KA-GO_assembly_006a.jpg

So, I'm down to a few items . Going to have to install a tube in the mast in order for the rotor to sit right .

KA-GO_assembly_004a.jpg

Hopefully, this little beasty will be ready for primer tomorrow :good:

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Nice progress Christian ..... great looking metal work ..... :good: ...... I really like those special tools where did you find them ..... ??? .... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Swordsman and James .

It is an interesting little piece once you get into it.

I drilled a larger hole in the mast and glued in an appropriate diameter piece of tubing

KA-GO_paint_start_001a.jpg

Once installed I masked the holes ( if you can call it that ) :blush: Miny pizzas ?

KA-GO_paint_start_002a.jpg

So, here we are . Some primer and base coat on

KA-GO_paint_start_003a.jpg

Got to admit, this would be terribly boring if I left it like that :S

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Gator & Swordsman :good:

I was hoping for a coat of Future tonight but had to shoot another coat of green instead :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

It ain't easy being green. B)

A brass prop shaft would be fun, then you could say the model has a set of brass ones. :coolio :rotf

Rock on! :ro:

Back