• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KA-GO by fine molds

Be sure to apply rum liberally and stick your toes in the sand.

PS, since no one else has gone here, Ka Go vroom, vroom. :pinch: (y)

:drinks

Be sure to apply rum liberally and stick your toes in the sand.

PS, since no one else has gone here, Ka Go vroom, vroom. :pinch: (y)

:drinks

Feel free, it's all in fun anyway ! :good:

Not sure Mike . I've never done good with Rum but Te kill Ya is Hispanic and always makes for interesting conversations :rotf

Needing another vacation from boring retirement Chris?

:popcorn

Well Bob I prefer to say that the remodeling was pretty tough on my back and after three visit to the Chyropractor we decided ot head South for some salt air breeze and some awsome Cuban food.....Maybe it will speed the healing :rotf and if not it will still be good for the soul :drool

Cheers, Christian B)

hmm...Tampa? Southern Florida?

Dang why didn't I think of that for my convalescence. I'd point more toward some blackwater marsh where there's nothing to do but read Pat Conroy (before the bugs come out of hibernation.)

Needing another vacation from boring retirement Chris?

Well Bob I prefer to say that the remodeling was pretty tough on my back and after three visit to the Chyropractor we decided ot head South for some salt air breeze and some awsome Cuban food.....Maybe it will speed the healing :rotf and if not it will still be good for the soul :drool

Cheers, Christian B)

hmm...Tampa? Southern Florida?

Dang why didn't I think of that for my convalescence. I'd point more toward some blackwater marsh where there's nothing to do but read Pat Conroy (before the bugs come out of hibernation.)

Lisa had this famous Cuban restaurant scoped out but alas there were no seating available for the day so we hit the roulette wheel on the Garmin and stopped at the Colombian restaurant ( that serves Cuban :rotf ).
Had our favorite and I must say it made he Marietta place seem like McDonald's ( and you know it's good ).

Anyhow, very loose plans for the week : Ringling's museum , Big cat rescue , Bush gardens and a scenic .All weather permitting. Of course sand and more eating : :frantic Might visit MacDill AFB ? ? ?

Cheers, Cheers, Christian B)

Hello all ! Last week was fun but this week has been busy :soldier

I have been quietly tinkering with this though .

KA_GO_cockpit_001a.jpg

Getting rid of the ejector marks has also caused damage to the cockpit bracing , so I decided to build it back up.

The mounts for the floors had to be made from scratch.

KA_GO_cockpit_002a.jpg

Then I painted everything black followed by dry brushing the silver.

KA_GO_cockpit_004a.jpg

KA_GO_cockpit_006a.jpg

I detailed the instrument panels and installed them :vmad I am to the point where I am convinced that instaling the panels is the most annoying of the builds :bang head

KA_GO_cockpit_005a.jpg

Notice that the only controls are in the back seat. I guess the front guy only had to look for trouble :coolio

Well, does not look much different but those pesky judges with the flashlights will have something to nag about.

KA_GO_cockpit_008a.jpg

KA_GO_cockpit_007a.jpg

Well, let's see if I can't fake some sort of engine to stick in the hole . It looks funny empty :(

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Nice IP's .... and pit work ..... Great to see you back at the bench Christian ..... Waiting to see your motor work ..... :popcorn

Nice IP's .... and pit work ..... Great to see you back at the bench Christian ..... Waiting to see your motor work ..... :popcorn

Me too. Right now it's just a vague idea, but I did one on a storch . Similar nose :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

It can't go vroom vroom with an empty nose. Maybe that was the front guy's job?

Looking good so far. (y)

Guy up front was peddling.

I agree with you Chris, the IPs on the B10 just seem to float in space, no location points at all.

Guy up front was peddling.

I agree with you Chris, the IPs on the B10 just seem to float in space, no location points at all.

and to make it even more annoying :vmad , they need to be installed before closing it up . If they actually fit :fencing .

These both necessitated avid use of a dremel tool :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Had more time today , so I built an engine . Sort of :hmmm

Anyhow; the part that might be seen :coolio

This is how it started .

KA-GO_engines_003a.jpg

next, I salvaged some jugs from an old engine.

KA-GO_engines_001a.jpg

Installed some cylinders valve covers and push rod tubes .

KA-GO_engines_008a.jpg

The complete engine, viewed upside down . It's an inverted V-8

KA-GO_engines_010a.jpg

Now, I need to figure how to install it .

Hope this was not too boring . Cheers, Christian B)

And here I thought it would be 8 or 16............Actually, I never though that old MPC Helldiver engine would ever be of any use :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back