• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A G3M2 Nell in 1/48 the hard way

OK, she's done...

g3m2-b30.jpg

g3m2-b31.jpg

g3m2-b32.jpg

g3m2-b33.jpg

g3m2-b34.jpg

g3m2-b35.jpg

g3m2-b36.jpg

Though she is not as rotund as here younger sister she's still a good sized aircraft.

g3m2-b37.jpg

Now see, it wasn't all that hard ! I have had more issues to deal with on some Special Hobby and Classic Airframes kits. Once you get past the some what tedious part of freeing the parts from the sheet the rest is pretty much the same as any other kit. I will say that the Koster kits are some of the better vacs out there. I was disappointed with the resin parts, some were just horrible. Thankfully the nearly full span ailerons where perfect with no issues to deal with. The decals also let me down in spite of the fact they were printed by Microscale. Must have been stored too long. First one went on OK, the next two fragmented and no amount of setting solution was going to save them. Fortunately I had a sheet of national insignia from Techmod which even included a chart telling you which sizes to use on different aircraft and they worked a treat. For the tail numbers I scanned the kit decals and imported them into my Silhouette and cut stencils for them. The antenna rigging about ran me out of patience, looks more like something you would find on a ship.

I do have one other vac in the stash, a B-32 but I think it will be a while if ever before I do a vac with a NMF.

As always, thanks for looking !

As I mentioned previously in our communications, Gary, your model is truly inspiring. :notworthy :notworthy

Looking Forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers

Alex

Gary, I thought I had commented on this since you finished it but I guess I hadn't (must have in my mind)!

Absolutely fantastic!

I gotta find me one of these kits!

(y)

Back