• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Joining the club

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I've always considered everyone on this forum as friends and family so I need to share with y'all what's going on. I'm joining that exclusive Zipper Chest Club, Having Bypass surgery.

Long story short, I've been having chest pains lately and sure nuff, Doc found some blockages around my heart and they are going in to get me replumbed.

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to this. I've been worn out and unable to do what I use to do and more so than the "it's hell getting old" factor. I've talked to a lot of folks who have had bypasses and the story is always the same, hurts like hell but you'll feel great after it.

Just wanted to share with y'all why I may be absent in the next several days. Operation is Monday morning.

Doc tells me to expect to be out for 6-8 weeks, I've already signed out of work and REALLY looking forward to the bench time I can get in about week 4-8 hopefully. :coolio

50 years of chicken fried steak with gravy has taken it's toll, now if I can get tofu to taste and look like chicken wings I'll be ok. :love

I'll post up something as soon as I can after the surgery.

Hang in there and we'll see you on the other side. You'll be fine.

Terry :zen :zen :zen :zen

Order a bunch of WnWs now so they'll be sitting there on your bench when you are. :D

Seriously, nothin' but beautiful thoughts from here Bob. :zen

Lots of :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen coming your way as well as thoughts and prayers, you'll be back in no time !

Thoughts and prayers and lots of :zen . Looking forward to seeing all the builds buddy.
James

Hey,you are a strong big guy Bob!...it will be peanuts for ya! :drinks
But hurry up back to us real soon,other wise this forum will be a big mess. :blink

Gr,Ron.

If my 85-year-old mom can breeze through it, so can you, Moon! As she put it, "Just do everything they tell you to do." ;) We'll talk soon!

On top of the great job you're doing with MA, you've made lots of friends here mate.

Get back on track soon brother, :zen :zen :zen from the land downunder.

Laurence

Get well soon Moon, you'll be back in no time!

And eat your Cheerios!!!!

Tom

That's something i've notice about the veterans of that club. :rotf

Thanks guys, I mean like with all these positive waves man... (y) :drinks :coolio :beer

I went the Roto Rooter route myself, sure did PO my doctor because he makes more money by doing the by-pass.
Yeah and it hurt big time even passed out once but the down time is a lot shorter.

You'll be alright so hug that pillow tight when you cough. :D

Tony lee

Your on our prayer list Bob ..... + the church & the choir list ..... My Father Has Your Back ..... Get well soon ..... anything I can Do Just Let Me Know !!! ...... :eek:ldguy

You had to bring up chicken fried steak and gravy! :pp I think everybody here has said it well. You're much loved by the MA family.

Best advise, listen to the Doctors, dont try jumping back in the saddle too soon, and lastly know that we have your Six.

You"ll do fine, and be back at the bench in no time. Remember when I got out after each of my surgeries...
I knocked out 3 or 4 in one week.

Feel free to hollar at me any time.

Back