• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I've been Buffaloed! 1/48 F2A2 that is...

Hippy Ed

Been hankerin' to do up a Yeller wingy-thingy and this fits the billet (y) Thot maybe there was a campaign going that I could enter this in but, didn't see one :bang head Oh well... Maybe we should have a Yeller-wingy campaign... :hmmm Oh Dave.... :evil:

This is the 1/48 Tamiya Kit and my 3rd Tamiya I've built :eek:hyeah So far, it's typical Tamiya, nicely detailed but, think this is an older production as I see a bit of flash & some pin marks :blink Nothing serious. The instructions area tad bit off IMHO so, took the liberty of doing research & talked with a few people who've built this kit and they agree that the interior should be Aluminum instead of "XF-21 Sky"

Onto the pics... :drinks

ha9ad741.JPG

hcd86816.JPG

hd26d778.JPG

h89c20cc.JPG

h4507b1f.JPG

Comments, suggestions & advice are welcome... Thanks for looking!

Far as I know, this should be a relatively easy build . Personally I prefer the Finish version . :drool

Cheers, Christian B)

Far as I know, this should be a relatively easy build . Personally I prefer the Finish version . :drool

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah, it should be a breeze to build. I'm going to do her up in the markings shown on the box top. VF-2 3rd section Leader aboard the Lexington. ca 1940

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah, it should be a breeze to build. I'm going to do her up in the markings shown on the box top. VF-2 3rd section Leader aboard the Lexington. ca 1940

That would be easier . As you might have noticed I seem to always inflict unnecessary pain to my builds :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

That would be easier . As you might have noticed I seem to always inflict unnecessary pain to my builds :rotf

Yep. I've noticed!! :yipee :rotf Yer just a glutton fer punishment :bat :bat :bat :rotf :rotf :tomato

Did one as a 'What If' not that many years ago.... great wee kit.

I'm sure you'll do it justice.

Ian.

I've built about 4 of these Tamiya Buffalo kits. Loved every single one of them. Such a fun kit to build. :popcorn

Back