• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I've been Buffaloed! 1/48 F2A2 that is...

I'm guessing you need an air condition paint booth and a battery charger .

Good progress :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Yep, do need an A/C unit for the spray booth & I got a battery charger, just no rechargeable batteries :bang head

Thanks.

Got hotter than expected & so am waiting to get another coat o' yeller on them wings... :frantic

Now that the IL-2m3 is completed, I can git back on this :woohoo: Have yetta spray the Aluminum asI realized I am nearly out & doubt there's enuff left in da bottle :frantic Datz ok tho, got my order in :drinks
So, back to researching on this... Needta figgerout da Yeller on the tail :huh: :unsure: Does the paint continue onto the lower surface of the horizontal stabilizers?

Now that the IL-2m3 is completed, I can git back on this :woohoo: Have yetta spray the Aluminum asI realized I am nearly out & doubt there's enuff left in da bottle :frantic Datz ok tho, got my order in :drinks
So, back to researching on this... Needta figgerout da Yeller on the tail :huh: :unsure: Does the paint continue onto the lower surface of the horizontal stabilizers?

Tail is Lemon Yellow and the wings are Chrome Yellow. The tail surfaces were color coded for ship the plane belonged to.

B)

Tail is Lemon Yellow and the wings are Chrome Yellow. The tail surfaces were color coded for ship the plane belonged to.

B)

Thanks T. I know it's Lemon Yellow & I'm just gonna use Blue Angels Yellow mixed with white. So, I gess the horizontal stabs are the Lemon Yellow on upper & lower surfaces?

Ok, seems the horizontal stabs are yellow on the lower as well so, when the time comes, I'll git them painted... S'poseta be in the high 80s ta low 90s this weekend so, we'll see what I can git done :hmmm Waitin' fer paints ta come in... hopefully dis week :popcorn

I've been busy packing stuff Ed ... Will get your package in the mail Monday You should have it Tuesday ... :pilot

Ok fellas, looks like I may get some paint sprayed today!! :dance :hmmm Only about 80 degrees for a change & I gotz nuthin' betta ta do... :frantic

The yeller is laid down on the tail & horizontal stabilizers. Added a few drops of White to the Chrome Yellow which gives it a lighter shade. I'll post pics ina bit... Now when the Aluminum gets here, I'll be able to finish her up :D :drinks

Here ya go fellas... Pics!!

hcbe106f.JPG

h0959039.JPG

hef693d0_2015-10-15.JPG

Back