• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri 1:72 Jaguar

Looking really good! I love the smooth camo pattern. Bob, I think what you are seeing is the opening for the wing cannons. It is on both wings and yet they aren't as visible due to the angles in the other pics.

Is there something going on with the leading edge of the port wing? looks like the halves separated.

Bob, I think what you are seeing is the opening for the wing cannons. It is on both wings and yet they aren't as visible due to the angles in the other pics

Erm.... no.
The gaps in the leading edge are for the wing fences, there's optional 'straight' fences and overwing AIM-9 rails as used on the Jaguar International and RAF Jag's operationally in the Gulf War. Mark, the cannons are in the lower fuselage below the cockpit.

Thanks both and Dave & Luiz for the positive comments on the camo, appreciate it chaps. Next I'll mask-off the spine and shoot an undercoat of either very light grey or white in preparation for the red.

AFN

Ian

This is looking great! I wish I could get such sharp demarcation lines when I mask. No such luck so far. Keep going man, this is looking real sharp!

Mark, for sharp lines, paint your base coat, mask then seal the mask with the base coat or clear coat. (y)

On hold for the moment:

Weather has broken here so it's cool enough to do the decorating that I wanted to do earlier but it was just too warm. Depending upon how things go, may get time later in the week. Shame as this was really cracking-on.

Ahhh well, good job this is just a hobby, eh :bang head

Ian

After three weeks (give-or-take) away from the bench, tomorrow work recommences on this and the Starfighter, only the decals to finish on both then final assembly & matting down. Hopefully both will be in the cabinet by next weekend.

Stay tuned.

Ian

Decals done !!

Tomorrow I'll try to get panel line wash on. Shouldn't take to long now (famous last words ?? :idonno ).

Ian

As ever real life p*ss*s all over my plans again. Had to draw another set of scale plans for our concrete contractor because he 'lost' the last set I did for him. So 0905 this morning I'm out in the pouring rain with my survey tape and notepad. Three-and-a-half hours later the plans are drawn (again) and I'm so far behind with chores there'll be no bench time this afternoon before daddy's little stormtroopers come back from school...

...I can only write this because I'm grabbing a quick break for lunch.

Arghhhh :bang head

Ian

On finals....

Matted down and 'Flory Washed' colours not quite as intense as they were. Should get final assembly done later today or this evening.

Nearly there, thanks for sticking with me,

Ian

Back