• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri 1:72 Jaguar

ij001

Mentioned a couple of times that I'm really looking forward to this campaign. So here's my entry:

And using a set of Xtradecal markings (cannot recall the sheet number off the top of my head), I hope to be doing this scheme:

Unfortunately I'd left Coltishall (and the RAF) when this scheme came-out in 1991. Official start-up pics in a week or so. See y'all at the finish line !!

Ian

Great AC, this kit have a few small fit/shape issues (intake shape, also the belly part) :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Why don't you build that one, Dave.... I've got a spare kit (the Revell re-box) if you want :fencing

Ian

Y'all realise that I'm 12hrs ahead of GMT here so technically I can start !! :dance

Ian

So after a slight dealy, here's my start-up pics - As you can see I'm also building this for the 'Early Jets' GB at Kiwi Modeller. This is a very unusual boxing. It's the excellent Italeri kit, re-boxed by RoG and in-turn sold by the British department store chain 'Marks & Spencer'...

Hopefully will be cutting some sprue tomorrow.

AFN

Ian

Knowing that I had the house pretty-much to myself yesterday, I finished my essential chores and was at the bench by 1030ish; full of energy and intent. Result... just couldn't settle-down to doing anything. Sometime around 1400 I tried again and suddenly the modelling Mojo was in full effect and I got this much done:

Pit all painted-up and dry-brushed. Nose weighted (lead shot secured with Blu-Tack), and:

Joined to the main fuselage that I'd managed to finish and prime at the same time !! :woohoo: - Man, I cannot remember working a kit this quickly in ages. Not only that, but after the pics were taken, I sat down for 90mins after putting 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' to bed, and added the intakes and guns and then painted the seat. So if I get an hour this afternoon before the school run (all of 30secs - really we live that close), I'll mask the canopy, add all the gear doors and hit it with an undercoat....

'....don't touch that dial' :coolio

Ian

Thanks, chaps....

And now it looks like this:

Main construction done, and a base coat of Tamiya acrylic satin black (X18). I've used this technique before on 'modern' jets where there wasn't going to be any pre-shading or faded paintwork, coincidentally both kits were RAF types. I'll leave this to dry/cure for a day or so, then start with the (enamel) camouflage colours. As ever thanks fro taking the time to look and/or comment.

AFN

Ian

This morning I've mostly been masking & painting the camo. RAF wraparound can be a real pain-in-the-a*se on smaller airframes and this is no exception. As this is written, the fuselage is all finished and drying in the sun - thought I'd do the difficult bit first. Won't get chance to paint the wings today as SWMBO is off this afternoon and will do 'that look' if I make a move toward the bench, and anyway I have two theses to proof-read & correct before Weds :gogo .

But she's working full day tomorrow and I should be able to get the camo finished in a good two-hour session.

AFN

Ian

Camouflage done. WEM enamels.... Beautiful to spray, if you haven't tried them, I'd highly recommend that if you get the opportunity, then go for it !!

Thanks for taking the time to look.

AFN

Ian

Is there something going on with the leading edge of the port wing? looks like the halves separated.

Camo looks good! :good:

Back