• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D And Now It Goes Dark

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D Is This Progress????

MP thanks. You are definitely right. These copper ones are gone. I have an alternative but it still looks like a solid one not bundles.

Joe

Just a thot joe, have you an old phone line or, CATV layin' about? smaller wires & of course, colorized :hmmm

Many thanks.

Gerry have not had a chance yet. Don't give up on me though.

Ed you must have read my mind.

Joe

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D Forward....

Progress is progress no matter how small.

Today I can show a little progress.

Paint has been thrown at the work so far. This does not mean I am ready to close it all up but it is a significant step as I am getting close to the point where construction turns into finishing.

All the interior parts have been painted including the interior of the fuselage and the flooring/bulkheads. The copper wire is gone and an alternative is now fit. Nothing is glued though.

Mock-Up-6_zps15xqh4tr.jpg

I also jumped the gun just a little but I wanted to see what the fuselage would look like with the paint. Alclad Airframe Aluminum over Gloss Gray.

Mock-Up-5_zpstkrgbnda.jpg

Next up will be to finish up all the little construction, just a few things left. Final touches and then I will look to the engine compartment. Bad news I am afraid though. The kit did not come with anything resembling engine mounts.

Oh Boy.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Looks good Joe! Wiring does look the part (y) Now the Alcad over Gloss Gray looks good but, I'm sure it looks better in person... :drinks

Many thanks.

Gerry have not had a chance yet. Don't give up on me though.

Ed you must have read my mind.

Joe

Thanks Joe, don't worry I know your working on it, also go by the garage sales pickup some HO model Railroad Remote turnouts (switch tracks) Switch solenoid has some very fine wire in side.

Cheers, Gerry

Have you thought about using EZ line to mimick the wire bundels. I like the white EZ line for this purpose. Take multiple lines and lay together, then use a small piece of masking tape 1mm thickness to make the wire ties. Easy to route as well.

Just some food for thought.

Joe, What a great job. :good:
Glad you got the wire situation worked out. The new ones look like the real deal now.
I'll just sit back, now that I have caught up and :popcorn await your next report.
Cheers :drinks

Have you thought about using EZ line to mimick the wire bundels. I like the white EZ line for this purpose. Take multiple lines and lay together, then use a small piece of masking tape 1mm thickness to make the wire ties. Easy to route as well.

:hmmm :ro:

Big10 good advice. Will need to try it out.

Many many thanks for looking in and the very kind words.

Joe

Good advice! I've heard of EZ linewhich alot of ship builders use it for rigging... Need to get some of it myself :hmmm

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D Engine Work

Well my friends after a month or better of inactivity here I am again.

Just a quick update showing a mock up of the engine and the little work I have done.

I have mocked up a couple of engine mounts and worked a bit on some of the pipping and the oil tank.

Mock-Up-7_zpsx9smhz6q.jpg

And how it looks in the fuselage.

Mock-Up-8_zpsce7yybws.jpg

Still a ton to add to the engine and the engine compartment but it is a start.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D Engine Work

I think you're doin' a bang up job there, Joe. The engine looks just fine and with a little bit here and a little bit there its going to be great.

I can sense that this my not be your first build :rotf

:smack OK OK I'm done

Back