• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Going Dark

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Dressing Her Up

An update, a rather quick moving one.

First up is finishing up the engine. Exhausts are now added.

Engine-Compartment-10_zpsqrx779xl.jpg

Engine-Compartment-11_zpsftoy00hp.jpg

Next up is to actually begin the painting process. Some may ask why, why do that prior to gluing all of the bits and pieces? Well simple really. I am a bit scared when it comes to painting around that cut away bit. For that reason I choose to paint it now and then when I get it all together I can go back over the bits and touch up.

First up is my usual, a coat of Flat Black.

Paint-5_zpswiwuml4q.jpg

Paint-4_zpsnmynlak7.jpg

Next up is to break this up just a bit. I choose to use Model Master Aluminium Plate. This is sprayed on randomly. This is to break the monotone of the top colors.

Paint-7_zpsdgiagn4k.jpg

Paint-6_zpsoqihpjp7.jpg

I then sprayed Pollyscale colors, Dark Earth, and Dark Green. I used homemade paper masks. To be honest they worked ok but they could have been so much better. The paints on the other hand again do not impress me. They are some of the most difficult I have used.

Paint-8_zpsutb70pwe.jpg

Paint-10_zpsgjaxvdnj.jpg

Paint-9_zpsfcku7ayk.jpg

Paint-11_zpseh0oqkch.jpg

Being up front about it, any tone modulation in the paint are strictly because I either sprayed too heavy, not heavy enough, or otherwise screwed up. It might just work for what I intend though.

Next up will be to begin the reconstruction of the interior and the permanent installation of the assorted pieces.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

I feel the camo came out pretty spot on Joe- I think Polyscales newer formulas have lost their edge...used some of the older ones and loved them- but I've heard others echo your feelings. Looking forward to more!

I've not used much Polly scale & what I used was brushed on which it did lay down good ... it still looks good to Me Joe excellent progress ... :popcorn (y) :salute

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Finalizing The Interior

Finishing up the interior work. Everything I will show in this post is now installed.

The port side

Interior-2_zpsoj5edskl.jpg

And the little bit on the starboard side.

Interior-1_zpscgq3pu6f.jpg

What is left on the interior is the seat, the lower section of the tail wheel assembly, and finishing off the plumbing of the starboard side of the cockpit. Oh so close to closing up the fuselage. Oh so close.

Joe

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Finalizing The Interior

You already know your modeling skills have improved dramatically since I first met you online. I must say your photography skills also are so much better than mine! The better to see your details. ;)

Regards.

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Closure of the Fuselage

And yet another update. This one is just a bit of the small stuff and then a big step forward.

First the small stuff.

The IP.

Cockpit-13_zpsfpfqqb5m.jpg

The tail wheel assembly.

Tail-Wheel-Assembly-1_zpsgncinqrb.jpg

And the seat.

Seat_zpswgzmjps8.jpg

Well then came a big step. Closure of the fuselage.

Fuselage-2_zpsglscpa3d.jpg

Fuselage-1_zpstdqlsorh.jpg

Next up is to go back and work on the wing some. I have some fixes to make and some little things to install.

Moving along but oh so slowly.

Joe

Back