• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D And Now It Goes Dark

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D SCR 522 A Small Redo

After about ten days of frustration, anger, cussing, and even some blood shed here is an update.

Work continues on the radio equipment. As it stands now much of the fabrication is done. Cables were added by using a larger diameter wire and fitting it into the structures. This was nearly the end of this build. In the end it works and looks decent. Again this is not to be a 100% accurate replica, just a relative imitation.

Radio-Equipment-1_zpslqqgb9kn.jpg

I need to add a few more bits and bobs but for the most part I am near the point I can start to tackle the cockpit. The seat frame is off a bit but I am not sure I can fix it. I may go with this for this build and then do a better job on the next.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D SCR 522 A Small Redo

AS always looks like your on the mark with it ... Good luck ... :pilot

Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D Is This Progress????

Ten steps backwards and then one forward.

Had some big issues trying to get this mocked up for pictures this time. Something was wrong. I had a hard time putting my finger on it. After much frustration and in a fit of anger I removed all the parts (not so gently) and then got down to the basics. After some study I noticed the firewall was glued off kilter. i separated and then reglued and what do you know it seemed to work.

So after the big mess I again used white glue to mock up what little progress I have.

The sidewalls of the fuselage are coming together. This was the original progress I wanted to show. The radio equipment and fuel tank still seem off to me. A couple of pictures just to show the rework. I did take the opportunity to rework the seat as well.

Mock-Up-3_zpsztpys8qp.jpg

Mock-Up-4_zps1onbqr3j.jpg

Now make no mistake I have more work to do on the pit. I also have an alternative to the copper wire that I tried to use. But I really believe that this time I can progress without the setback.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Still watching and waiting should you need references!

Regards,

Many many thanks all.

Saul I have not forgotten your kindness. So far seems so good. Seems there are some decent pics online but I am not done yet so I may hit you up yet.

Joe

Joe, I think the copper wire is too thick. Those wires coming in and out of the radio were bundles, not a single solid line.

MP thanks. You are definitely right. These copper ones are gone. I have an alternative but it still looks like a solid one not bundles.

Joe

That's looking very well Joe ... making good progress ... I need to pick Ya'll brain on my Halftrack build I need to do the pluming for the air tanks in the frame ... any ideals?? I know you've done a little Armor ... :hmmm

Many thanks.

Gerry to be honest I have no idea. Let me look around a bit and see.

Joe

Thanks Joe ... if anyone knows ... I figure it's you ... I remember the tank you built for the Pearl Harbor GB ... Thanks any help is appreciated ... :soldier

Back