• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GRAND SLAM LANCASTER

Thanks everyone! Been playing around with the final wiring for the spinning props...then I'll blank off the interior and start the extensive process of spraying this beast! ;)

DAMN that thing is big! I'm sorry I missed a lot of your updates. This Brit monster looks better and better!

OK....finally got the gumption to finish all the masking and painting....cripes did that take a while!!

005%7E9.jpg

002%7E7.jpg

001%7E8.jpg

Now I just need to position the wiring correctly inside so I can actually close up that bottom section and add the Grand Slam bomb...and finish all the small stuff and decal!!

Wow Mike, that must take a good bit of paint. My B-25 has used most of a Tamiya bottle for the top only.

Looking good ! :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Used Vallejo Model Air for the top colors and thinned it a bit...used only about an airbrush cupful of each color ;)

Mike that's one great build you have going there! excellent progress!!

Reading the posts has answered a question that I had !!

fret.jpg

now I don't have to ask! Thanks Saul (y)

Well!! Talk about under the wire! I am calling this one done. After having a great time early in the year super detailing the heck out of it as can be seen earlier in the thread, I completely lost momentum as I tried closing everything up. If I were to do it again, I would totally leave all the spinning props apparatus out of the deal because it caused me more headaches than I care to recall. Plus in the end, the bottom half of the fuselage would not fit...even after I stripped everything out of there, you can still see the fit is just so-so. How much of that is my error I don't know...but in the end- it looks like a Lanc. It certainly won't win any contests!

The decals were shite-- as can be seen on the starboard side especially...and when I went to close the bottom up and then tried refixing it, I ran into many alignment issues. But...here it is--
001%7E10.jpg

003%7E9.jpg

004%7E6.jpg

007%7E6.jpg

008%7E5.jpg

006%7E7.jpg

Oh crap- you DID finish! Or is it/ looks great, I know you are glad its done. Happy New Years. Still 4 more hours to go here in South Carolina.

Hi Mike. Congratulations on finishing this on time. I know what you mean about getting your fill of something. Had to take a break from the B-25 myself.
Good luck parking it, that's why I don't build bigger myself. Oh wait, there's room at MP's shop ! :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Great job, Jeeves

I've never been able to build a decent aircraft or I'd build this one. My uncle served as a navigator in the Royal Air Force during WWII, flying in a Lancaster and a Halifax. He was from Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Two of his planes were forced to crash land upon return due to flack damage suffered during missions over Germany. After the war, he joined the U.S. Air Force and served until he retired. He was my favorite uncle.

Back