• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GRAND SLAM LANCASTER

That's too funny John! :ro:

Well-- I sure do appreciate the comments folks! Boy if it didn't say Tamiya on the box, I wouldn't believe it the way these nacelles are fitting together. Work stalled for a bit due to some serious discouragement, but now that summer vacation has started (I knew there was at least one perk to being a teacher!), I can do some more damage to this baby.

Here is where I am currently at in the fight...
6-25-11_005.jpg

6-25-11_006.jpg

That does look like a nasty seam. But a little elbow grease and it will buff out :D
Looking good, and with a whole summer off, will be cool to see this painted up. (y) (y)
James

Thanks James and Laura. I will be much more at ease once I get everything assembled together. Course the amount of paint I'll need for this beast will be insane!

Hiya Bob...

This is the Tamiya offering that has the spinning props...so I figured I'd give my first wiring job a go. I promise to take pictures of the finished product before I try out the props in case I messed up the wiring and end up having it set alight ;)

Keep at it Jeeves. It's an aged kit but there are still a lot of people building it. I'm sure it will be worth the effort.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys...Been spending loads of time finishing my SMA contest entries so now that they are done, I'll have more time...but we are heading for VA next week on vacation so time is tight..

Well-- got the wings on...which means from this point on, taking pictures (or at least good ones) is gonna be a challenge!

As you can see, this is a big beast-- and did not fit as per Tamiya's normal specifications (prolly operator error!)- but here is where I am nonetheless...
Models_015.jpg

Models_017.jpg

Waiting for all the glue to set properly before deciding what's next!

Boy, that's gonna need a lot of paint....and a wide angle lens. Good progress. Will be glad to see it together.
Cheers, Christian B)

This kit was originally released in the early 70's and it's one reason that the fit isn't up to current Tamiya standards. They did update the kit in a rerelease a few years back and some things do fit better but still not to what we have come to expect from Tamiya !

Looks great - haven't seen a grand slam done before. I love the covered turrets for this version. Something different. (y)

Back