• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GOOGLE MEET FOR MODELER'S ALLIANCE? Who is in?

Thursday will probably be difficult for me. I get my free food allotment from my church between 12:00-2:00PM local time and then at 6:00PM local time I leave for choir practice. If it happens between those times, I might be able to slip in briefly.

1900 Hrs. 7:00PM CST. Or for Marines, when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 7. as Mark might quip!:lol:

The Google meet was great fun!

John came on first and we chatted about flying and models. Bob was next and hung out for a bit.
Mark Karolus, Mike Rasmussen and Francisco Melendez attended. Paul appeared and hung out for some time. Then as a first time guest, Saul (Sharkmouth) came on. He called Francisco "Boricua" and the chat between the sons of Puerto Rico was on! I look forward to more humorous and informative conversations with Saul. Francisco's "Only one Puerto Rican allowed at each meeting" quip got some laughs!

Happy Birthday John! I hope your party was fun!

One subject of discussion was Anigrand's resin aircraft models. John showed his 1/72 kits of the XF-108 Rapier and XF-103 Thunderwarrior. Bob's considering a Hughes XF-11 Spyplane. An ambitious kit for sure! I am sure I can make a nice build of their not-too-complex XP-67 Moonbat kit. I asked Paul about his vast knowledge of model kits to see if he knew of another XF-11 kit.
Paul showed us the Blue Angels watch he rebuilt for Curtis "Griz" Watson. One of the actual Navy display team pilots. Pretty cool!

I hope the Men that join these online meets do not expect starched discipline and a whole lot of rigid structure. Conversations are not limited to modeling or models. It's more about enjoying like-minded people.

In case you that missed out are wondering, here is the watch I repaired for "Griz"
Curtis Watson Watch.jpg

The dial was heavily damaged. If you look close it is possible to just tell where the edge of the damage was around the date window. The damage was then up around the edge and tic marks to about 11 o'clock. I was able to clean it up and give it a protective coating without damaging the Blue Angles logo.
I was able to briefly visit with "Griz" and he was quite an interesting guy. I think he was a little disappointed that it wasn't perfect like new, but that wasn't ever a possibility and I think he understood and accepted it. While not perfect, it is a neat old watch with some history.

That might be hard for me. My wife is off that day and we do things together most times. If there's nothing else planned, I might be able to slip in. However, is that Central Time or Eastern Time? Just need to be sure as the difference is a whole hour.

About to log into a SoCal AMPS Zoom meeting today at 2:00PM local.

We have the church's annual meeting and chili cook-off. Hopefully, it won't go that late, but one never knows. People just like to argue about piddle-sh*t

Back