• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GOOGLE MEET FOR MODELER'S ALLIANCE? Who is in?

OK so I made this thread into an Article. Something we really haven't played with here. @Rhino looks to me that you can edit the original post here and update it with current date and time and links to the meeting that way that appointment stays at the top of the thread. Give it a try!

Not a bad turn out yesterday. Certainly our most international call yet with @Impisi Martin joining us from his undisclosed location somewhere in Germany. Call was attended by our host @Rhino , @helios Chris was the only one actually working on modeling and that F4 is looking great. @Heavens Eagle showed up making a bunch of racket @jeaton01 shared his progress on the garage and I popped in for snarky comments and IT support. Just about the time my chicken was done in the oven and dinner served @Sharkmouth popped in to have a LOL.
Between Martin and John E I think we had over 8 time zones covered.

Always good catching up with folks.

...I popped in for snarky comments and IT support. Just about the time my chicken was done in the oven and dinner served @Sharkmouth popped in to have a LOL.
Well, this dummy tried to connect twice around 14:00 EST. I went back to preparing Supper, a Puerto Rican Pernil (Roast Pork Picnic Shoulder) since my wife likes to shred it for sandwiches. I finally saw the correct time and dropped in to say hello at the same time the oven timer started beeping.

Regards,

Well, this dummy tried to connect twice around 14:00 EST. I went back to preparing Supper, a Puerto Rican Pernil (Roast Pork Picnic Shoulder) since my wife likes to shred it for sandwiches. finally saw the correct time and dropped in to say hello at the same time the oven timer started beeping.

Regards,
I did that on one of the early calls, had time zone whiplash or something. Rhino and I had a nice conversation for about an hour before the real meeting started... :rotf

The "racket" was me in my hobby room trying to clean it up and organize a little. After the meet I fired up the hibachi and cooked the fillet I had marinading, then actually did some actual hobby work for the first time since June on my Panzer I F.

I enjoy the carbuncle we share as model makers during these on-line meetings. I was well pleased to see Martin, despite the lateness of the hour in Germany! It does me good, during these uncertain days to exchange ideas and conversation.
No, the meeting isn't strictly about models. Yes, Paul's "organizing" was quite noisy. :lol:

Perhaps a drinking game called "Follow the Science". Take a "shot" every time anyone says it until you are fully in-vax-icated?!
You have to show proof that you had your shots before the "Leading Scientist" let's you use the bathroom?
The winner is the person with the driest pants! :yipee::lol:

That's a scream Chris! LOLO! I would love to join, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get this to work on my Ipad. I'm supposed to have Google on it so that should be available. For some reason I haven't gotten it figured out. Maybe while I"m recovering from this foot injury, I can take the time to study it.

That's a scream Chris! LOLO! I would love to join, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get this to work on my Ipad. I'm supposed to have Google on it so that should be available. For some reason I haven't gotten it figured out. Maybe while I"m recovering from this foot injury, I can take the time to study it.
Have to checked to see if there is a Meet app available? On my Samsung I had to download the Meet app. To fire it up I open the link in my browser and it fires up the Meet app and wha-la, there I am.

Back