• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GOOGLE MEET FOR MODELER'S ALLIANCE? Who is in?

There are plusses and minuses to both Zoom and Google Meet. Having had previous panic-demic Zoom experience, I find it easier to navigate, and seems more user/moderator friendly. ZOOM is twice the the $$ as Google Meet and like TiKTOK,is a Communist Chinese product.

Google Meet is growing on me. I don't cheap-out on 2 things. My Sweetie and my Hobby. I prefer Google Meet. I believe it is domestically sponsored. Now, that being said, anybody could sponsor an on-line meeting from whatever platform they prefer, anytime. It's a little like molding and casting. If I can do it, anybody can!

During times such as these, it is good that Men such as we meet. I enjoy getting better aquainted with our members.
Well. SOME of our members. :rimshot:lol::stinker:

I think it would be fine for you to show up and give us a report from your Hobby Day Mark. We'd love to see the folks you're influencing.

I think it would be fine for you to show up and give us a report from your Hobby Day Mark. We'd love to see the folks you're influencing.

Thanks Bob! I could easily do that here too, probably easier, even though they'd just be pics. The Hall is located in a dead zone so unless there is a data plan on a tablet or phone, there's no way to join anything awhile there. Besides, it can get loud so that one cannot here those they are communicating with.

If you want, I'll start another Thread for Hobby Days like Chris' thread about his club meetings.

Last nights meeting was pretty fun. Not all subjects discussed were strictly model-related since they never are. Google Meet stalwarts, Bob and Paul, were joined by Barney for his first visit. Model Ship guest star Mark Karolus returned, on his solar powered Wisconasin bandwidth, Plastic Surgeons Mike Rasmussen and Francisco Melendez joined us until bedtime, to name a few. Paul and I stayed on until 10:00.

If you didn't make the Google Meet, we missed you! I get it. Life happens. It happens all the time.
:good::salute::oldguy:

Next time, perhaps.

I had a friend come over just before this was supposed to start. I am hoping to make the next one. I miss you guys!

Back