• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F4U-1A * * F I N I S H E D * * Now with 'scenery'

F4U-1A * * F I N I S H E D * *

...Ladies and Gentlemen, we have landed :java

Kit - Tamiya 1:48
Paint - Camouflage-Enamels mixed 'by eye'. Interior, tyres, prop blades-Tamiya acrylics. Landing gear, prop boss, cylinders-Alclad lacquers.
Decals - Ventura
Extras - Eduard Zoom set & Ultracast resin wheels.

Vought F4U-1A Corsair
18 Squadron, RNZAF
Green Island
December 1944

he431895.JPG

h8c9d1d9.JPG

hf3901a0.JPG

hbde28e0.JPG

h548706c.JPG

hcb13cd0.JPG

h0cc1c19.JPG

h7658804.JPG

h3f92db2.JPG

h7275ef6.JPG

As ever, thank-you for taking the time to look and/or comment. All comments, questions and criticisms are welcomed.

AFN :java

Ian

WELL DONE!

Terry (y)

F4U-1A * * F I N I S H E D * *

Great looking bird. I always come back to building this kit when I need a serene modelling break. I have too many of them now. (said no one ever.)

Just resurrecting this to show you how it looks now:

hefda37a.JPG

h91fcecf.JPG

hc191da9.JPG

The base is one of four I've had made by a local 'Master' wood-turner. Over the years I have always made my own bases from MDF board, grained'n stained them added 'foliage' etc... and once done they looked at best 'average', nowhere near reflecting the effort I'd put in to the plastic sitting on top. At last years show, a good mate of mine (also a Brit and the competition organiser) took me to one side and explained that in three classes that I'd entered I would have certainly won if I'd made a better effort with the bases !! :facepalm - This year, I got the message.

hbe39efa.JPG

hafb7579.JPG

The laser engraving is by another local, a woman who runs her business from home. When I rang her and asked if she'd do it, she asked about the model... when I told her it was a Kiwi Corsair, her response was... "Oh that's great, one of my favourite aircraft, can you send a picture ??".

The other nameplates she's doing for me are more traditional. She really wanted to push-the-boat-out for the F4U, so I let her get on with it. The scenery is by yours truly and is simply crushed cat-litter stuck with white glue and sealed with an aerosol clear acrylic matt varnish, straight from the hardware store.

Thanks for looking (again).

Ian

Fantastic Ian. Thats got some real WOW factor. Great build, great base and very nice engraving.
James

The base really sets it off Ian (y) I really need to make a few of those for my builds. Well that is when I actually finish a build :rotf

Well, how cool ! I need to remember the litter trick (y)

Nice plaque as well . The only possible thing to improve it would be a palm tree ( If they are available on said Island ) . It would look cool though. :D

Very nicely done (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back