• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-86F Sabre * * F I N I S H E D * *

Constructive criticism : Looks very nice but the Intake/Exhaust covers will not be installed while the pilot looks busy going somewhere . ( small thing ) Just a matter of realism :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Completely agree, Christian.

It was always going to have the FOD covers on, the pilot was a last minute thing; I was nearing the end of the build when we moved house, in the turmoil my etch seatbelts managed to make a successful bid for freedom and that cockpit looks awfully bare without some detail. So abra-cadabra, one rushed & badly painted pilot figure !!

Ian

Great save Ian! I see what you mean about the nose colour.

Your FOD covers, it's one of those :facepalm moments when the ground crew forgot to take them out........!!!

Completely agree, Christian.

It was always going to have the FOD covers on, the pilot was a last minute thing; I was nearing the end of the build when we moved house, in the turmoil my etch seatbelts managed to make a successful bid for freedom and that cockpit looks awfully bare without some detail. So abra-cadabra, one rushed & badly painted pilot figure !!

Ian

Hmmmm, bid for freedom ? I like the term Awol myself . Just spent three day ( off and on ) looking for a throttle Quadrant that was basically under my nose .

Something that I would like to see sometimes would be run up guards on the intake and a crew chief doing run up checks . You think someone would have done that before. :hmmm

Think I'll just stick to props and empty seats :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

You can count on it, Les. I've had enough of NMF for a (very) long time. Won't be seeing any Alclad near my bench for a while !! - Thanks for the comment and to everyone else here. It's been a h*ll of a journey, think for my next "Wesendorf Field" project I'll find something a whole lot easier...

...and maybe British !! :pilot

AFN

Ian

Back