• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-86F Sabre * * F I N I S H E D * *

F-86F Sabre - back from the 'Shelf of Doom'

You're right about the fuselage stripe, Bob, but the odd thing is, to the naked eye, there is no problem - there WAS a problem, but I sorted it by carefully slitting the decal and brushing-in a few coats of MicroSol, it has settled down nicely and is (virtually) invisible. Must be something to do with the flash that has over-emphasised the tiny tear !!

Think I'll go back and look at it again :hmmm

Ian

Doesn't spoil my day, Bob.... :zen I'm a grown man building plastic kits for his own amusement and entertainment....

....Nahhh who am I kidding, I'm gonna lose sleep until I fix it !! :vmad

Ian

Decals on:

...next, weathering :coolio

Thanks for looking and/or commenting.

Ian

Looks good to me. :D

Now I can't wait to build Graces and my F-86s together next month!

If only I could persuade folks here to do an 'F-86 Campaign' - On Britmodeller we called the STGB's (Single Type Group Build's).... I wonder.... :hmmm

Ian

If only I could persuade folks here to do an 'F-86 Campaign' - On Britmodeller we called the STGB's (Single Type Group Build's).... I wonder.... :hmmm

Ian

Aaaaa "SHERMANS" :rotf

F-86F Sabre - On Finals

Decals finished, light panel wash finished, and this morning I shot an overall coat of satin varnish to get that used/oxidised look.

Need to add the speed brakes and their actuators then the main gear actuators, the pitot tube, fuel dump mast, and intake & exhaust covers. Also the canopy and....

....the driver !!

More tomorrow, hopefully. Thanks for looking and/or commenting.

Ian.

Kit – Academy 1:48.
Paint – Alclad lacquers, Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels, Tamiya acrylics.
Decals – Aeromaster 48-278 ‘Sabres over Korea III’
Extras – None.

North American F-86F-30 Sabre ‘Nina V’
Assigned to Col. Robert Baldwin
CO, 51st Fighter Interceptor Group
K-13 (Suwon AB) South Korea
Summer 1953.

Thanks to everyone who (as usual) have been so supportive during this (extended) build. Not my best by a long way, but now I have a Sabre in the cabinet which is something that I’ve wanted for a l-o-n-g time. As ever please feel free to comment, ask questions or criticise constructively and thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian

Back