• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ernie's last ride...* * F I N I S H E D * *

Ernie's last ride...

I've been posting a stripped-down version of these project updates over on the 'Fans of Ernie Irvan' Facebook page, there's been a couple of comments and a few 'likes' with each update. This morning I got a notification that Ernie Irvan had 'shared the last set of pics on to his own page.

:coolio , Almost goes without saying that I'm feeling pretty d*mn smug just now.

Ian.

Ernie's last ride...

How cool is that! That's a great send up Ian. You know you could always do this post race to camouflage the decal issues.

Ernie's last ride...

I've been posting a stripped-down version of these project updates over on the 'Fans of Ernie Irvan' Facebook page, there's been a couple of comments and a few 'likes' with each update. This morning I got a notification that Ernie Irvan had 'shred the last set of pics on to his own page.

:coolio , Almost goes without saying that I'm feeling pretty d*mn smug just now.

Ian.
Youdeserve to feel a bit smug mate (y)
https://www.facebook.com/search/str/%27Fans%20of%20Ernie%20Irvan/keywords_top
https://www.facebook.com/ernie.irvan?ref=br_rs_WyJrZXl3b3Jkc190b3AiXQ%3D%3D

Ernie's last ride...

You know you could always do this post race to camouflage the decal issues.

Yeah, Ed or Gerry suggested the same thing, but TBH, Bob, my skills aren't really up to doing that option any sort of justice, and as it's simply going to sit in the cabinet as just one of my 'Twenty-years - Twenty cars' mini-project then I can just live with it as it is.

Such a d*mn shame about those decals, but as you commented, bud, even the very best decals in the world would have a world of trouble going around those front curves.

AFN

Ian.

(still feeling smug :blush: )

Ernie's last ride...

I've been posting a stripped-down version of these project updates over on the 'Fans of Ernie Irvan' Facebook page, there's been a couple of comments and a few 'likes' with each update. This morning I got a notification that Ernie Irvan had 'shared the last set of pics on to his own page.

Ian.

:eek:hmy: :woohoo: B) :geek :geek :drinks :dance Totally Awesome!!

Ernie's last ride...

More decals and a little product placement :v

h3741659.JPG

h8935de7.jpg

Just a few at a time, baby steps, no rush...

Ian.

"... and the M&M Pontiac of Ernie Irvan takes the checkered flag"

h352b641.JPG

h17f1145.JPG

Once again, chaps, thanks for the support and comments throughout this project, always appreciated and never taken for granted. More photos in the 'completed builds' section.

Going to take a wee break, get my breath back and complete the Trumpy MiG 23 the I put to one side a couple of months back.

AFN

Ian.

Back