• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MiG 21F * * F I N I S H E D * *

MiG 21F - from the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness'

Cool ... I should add this kit to my collection :bang head

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks guys, and today they're off to the circus so I may even get some primer on !!

Ian.

]After a year and a month languishing on the aforementioned 'Shelf of Forgetfulness', I dragged this superb little RoG MiG back to the bench today.

h236cc77.JPG

ha5be78a.JPG

hdfb01e1.JPG

Still cannot recall why I gave-up on this build, anyways I filled and sanded a nasty narrow gap above the wing root join on both sides of the fuselage and gave it a general tidy-up all around. With a bit of luck it will be my first NMF project for a couple of years, and if I screw-the-pooch I can always spray it tan/olive/blue and throw some Syrian decals at it !!

As ever all comments, crits and questions welcomed.

Ian.

No, not forgotten about this little project either - realised after bringing it back to the bench a couple of weeks ago that my sausage fingers and not-too-sharp eyesight wouldn't allow me to mask the canopy with any sort of 'skill' so invested in a set of 'Montex' vinyl masks, which arrived last week.

So I'll try and get this finished for the annual show/comp we're holding on Armistice weekend. Finally decided on which colours I'll be doing...

h175b424.jpg

It will be on the bench alongside the Gulf War Hornet build. Hopefully get a couple of photos up this afternoon.

AFN

Ian.

Tamiya NATO black acrylic. Polished smooth with an old cotton t-shirt.

hf9555a2.JPG

h21cb8bd.JPG

hebef05e.JPG

Away for the weekend now with the family so no modelling until maybe Monday... Everyone enjoy their weekends, OK ?

See y'all next week. (y)

Ian.

Started 20 months ago in June 2015 - and now back on the bench...

This time I WILL finish this wee thing !! :eek:ldguy

Ian.

There is a story behind the whole start/stop thing but to be perfectly honest I'm not going to inflict it upon you good folks; suffice to say I've sorted my sh*t out and as I'm writing this the MiG is looking very bright'n shiny as it's drying alongside the Ju88 & F-5.

Photos tomorrow.

Ian.

Good restart!! I know how it feels to finally finish a dejected build. I have the Revell 1/48th Mig-29 to build. I heard it's not the best kit, but I have a cockpit set for it and it's what I can afford. Please post more pics. Gary S :drinks

AK Xtreme Metal, White Aluminium, Aluminium & Stainless Steel. Bays & recesses - my own mix of 'chromate yellow', radome & di-electric panels, Humbrol glossy green with a touch of H80 Grass Green...

hb92ba87.jpg

h72c65cd.jpg

h370224d.jpg

h0e94589.jpg

Really cooking now !!
:yipee

Ian.

Back