• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Tiger Face' * * F I N I S H E D * *

'Tiger Face'

The filter turned out just right in my humble opinion! (y)
Really like it so far,Ian! :popcorn

Gr,Ron.

'Tiger Face' - now with added 'Stripey'ness' (?)

Yeah, went a little further than just applying the varnish...

hfe46217.jpg

hdb40f2f.jpg

had03e54.jpg

h99dd2f5.jpg

Comments, criticism and whatever else, please 'bring-it' gentlemen, I really do want to hear what you think, before I tell y'all what I think, OK ??

Ian.

'Tiger Face'

This is most impressive. I do like the filters and such; they help to enhance the base color well. The dullcoat and weathering will only make it better.

I did notice form the front shot that the fenders tend to sag downwards; is that by design or a limitation of the kit? Your outer road wheel seems to be floating as well on the right side.

Once again, excellent work on one of my top three favorite tanks. This brute is looking good!

'Tiger Face'

Decals on:
'Oil dot wash' done:
Stowage for side of turret and front fenders on: Next, spare track links on the opposite side of the turret, then paint and weather all the 'new stuff'.

he6e0bf5.JPG

h6916723.JPG

h45bc4b4.JPG

Yep, it's coming together.

Ian.

'Tiger Face'

Next, spare track links on the opposite side of the turret,

Ian.

No I was wrong - no spare track-links on the left side of the turret, none of the available photographs of any the 'Choisin Tigers' show the track links being carried.

Thanks gentlemen for the very positive feedback, really appreciate it, and more than anything I simply want to finish this 'properly' - y'all know what it's like, sometimes toward the end of a long project (and especially when there's other bright'n shiny things demanding your attention), you can rush the last few stage's...

...I am DETERMINED not to do this. I've waited thirty years to build this model, I ain't going to scr*w-the-pooch now !!

Ian.

Back