• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Tiger Face' * * F I N I S H E D * *

'Tiger Face'

h2c45ea9.gif

'Tiger Face'

'Little stowage' painted & oil washed, and now all matted-down awaiting.... 'dust' :S

had6d89f.jpg

hf5c1880.jpg

h3083943.jpg

hea61c05.jpg

Still enjoying each little step with this one - before the 'dust', I'm going to take a quick sideways step and do the .50cal. Normally I only paint them and stick them on - this time, I've blended three different guns/boxes and intend to do that wee bit more... more later in the week.

In the meantime, thanks folks for sticking with me on this build, in a way I don't really want it to end !!

AFN

Ian.

Well if it wasn't for the fact that the (Italeri) tracks that I used to save time are two links too small I'd be 100% delighted with the build, however now that I need to go-back and fit a couple of links from the kit anyways, I can only claim 99.2% satisfaction....

:bang head

Never mind that issue is easily overcome. So TWENTY YEARS this has been in the stash awaiting my skills to match my expectation. Please be VERY honest with your opinions and comments, folks.

Kit - Dragon
Paint - All Tamiya acrylics
Decals - Kit
Extras - Verlinden/Tamiya/Academy hybrid .50cal and stowage from too many sources to remember.

hbdb04ee.jpg

h066d57b.jpg

h4e2571a.jpg

h218bc1c.jpg

hc147628.jpg

h60a20af.jpg

h5b5a87c.jpg

hb5a6ef5.jpg

hab478b0.jpg

h39561ab.jpg

h7c3e8f5.jpg

h008ad4b.jpg

As ever, thanks all for the encouragement along the way, it's always appreciated and never taken for granted. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

Ian.

Don't you wish the idlers worked so we wouldn't have this problem. Fine paint job Ian, excellent result. :soldier

This is one outstanding build Ian. The stowage and details look great and your paint an weathering really make this model.

Congratulations :dude :dude :dude :dude

Randy

I think the aspect that really works for me is the scale of the tiger paint. It would be easy to look like a face painted onto a model, but my eyes are tricked into believing that the face was painted by hand, by people climbing over the front of the vehicle.

I think the aspect that really works for me is the scale of the tiger paint. It would be easy to look like a face painted onto a model, but my eyes are tricked into believing that the face was painted by hand, by people climbing over the front of the vehicle.

...and that was EXACTLY the effect that I was aiming for. Thanks you so much for picking-up on that. Guys I'm absolutely choked by the response. Thank you all so much.

Ian.

Back