• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MiG 21F * * F I N I S H E D * *

MiG 21F - from the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness'

Ooohhh look, he painted the rudder aswell...

h06db878.jpg

hfeda5fd.jpg

Tamiya enamel matt red.

Ian.

MiG 21F - from the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness'

Ian, I know how it feels to go through something like this. My B-377 and C-118 have been like this the whole time for me. It looks like you've got this on the run now. I envy you your ability to do multi-hued panels on a BMF; I still haven't been able to do that. Gonna try it on one other model sometime later this year.

Keep it coming; you are on the home stretch.

...and we're done:

Kit - Revell 1:72
Paint - All enamels, AK 'Xtreme Metals', Humbrol & Tamiya.
Decals - Begemot 72-018
Extras - Missiles & missile rails from spares box.

Xian J-7A (MiG 21F-13)
PLAAF (Unit unknown)

h7b709f1.jpg

hd323ca6.jpg

ha3a0384.jpg

h7692d88.jpg

hee3a3b9.jpg

h096f406.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement along the way folks, please feel free to ask any questions or make any criticism or comments.

AFN

Ian.

Thanks Warren, and everyone else, to tell the truth the "interesting" part of the project was gluing the bits of plastic together. The fit was appalling in some sections (all the speed brakes needed trimming, nose gear doors are a joke and the tail section of the drop-tank is an entirely different circumference to the body and looks like it came from a 1970's era Eastern European kit.

Yet somehow Revell made an exquisite cockpit and incredible surface detail... No didn't enjoy this one whatsoever, the 1990's Fujimi MiG 21 'family' were far superior kits in this scale, shame they didn't do an early 'F' in their line-up.

Ho-hum, back to the Phantom and finishing the Eurofighter next week.

Ian.

Neat lil' MiG! Impressive finish!! :ro: It He a re-pop of an old Frog kit maybe? I know Rev AG re-issues some of the old Matchbox originals.
:good: :notworthy :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

No not that, Rhino, this came-out all new in 2009 (if memory serves), then disappeaed from the catalogue about two years later... no idea why. Was re-released with no differences except the box-art in 2015.

Not known RoG to do that before... :idonno

Ian.

Back